Help! 562xp engine won't start when "lukewarm".

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanadams

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
New saw, ran OK the first four days or so. It starts OK when hot, and it starts eventually after several pulls when cold. However when the saw has been run and then left to sit for an hour or two, it is nearly impossible to start again. I've tried choke, no choke, bulb pushing, no bulb. Check air filter, fuel pickup, throttle linkages, spark plug, nothing appears out of order.

It will turn over and run badly for half a second to maybe 10 seconds before shutting down. On the very rare occasion that I can get it going again, it seems like I have to let it stabilize on its own at low RPM for a long time - the slightest blip of the throttle kills it. It also bogs down when cutting unless it is very hot. Today I could not get it going and had to stop work.

One thing I noticed that I thought was a little strange is that when I opened the fuel cap while there was about half a tank in there, there was a blast of air pressure that came out and then a lot of air bubbles came up through the fuel - it bubbled for at least 5 seconds, maybe 10. Does this indicate a fuel flow problem? I assume that the fuel pickup (that rattles around in the tank) IS also the filter... it was perfectly clean. Took it out blew air through it no problem.

Fresh 92 octane, 50:1 mix. Thanks

Sean, I don't know much about the 562xp yet, too new.

I will say, I've not run another saw with this much power and smoothness in this weight class. My ported 357xp is close, but the 562 cuts faster with just a couple tanks of fuel through it. The 562 cuts like a 372, but weighs about 2 lbs less.

Mine is running good, with no problems. Sorry to hear about yours.

i started the 562 xp trouble thread. I have to say I love the saw would not take it back or trade it for any other saw. I have a 555 it has more time on it and have had no trouble with it. the 562 just has more power wish i had two of them and no 555. I'm still happy with both saws even with the trouble on the one. Hope you will give your saw another chance you will like it when it is running well. Good Luck

I have a 562 XP that has cut a lot of oak firewood in the past two months, with no problems at all.

Sorry that you are having a problem with yours. Have you taken your saw back to the dealer to be checked out?

I have no doubt that Husqvarna will back up their product.

Mine acted stupid for the first tank or two ,wouldn't start warm , hard to start after refuel , cutoff when you pick it up and touch the trottle , when i did get it started i ran it like i stole it ....go or blow....i'm at 15-20 tanks now and the problems seem to be gone . I'm no computer guy but i think this thing needs to learn more than Husqvarna has let on. I also had a bit of learning curve as to what it wanted as far as starting. The switches being assbackwards confused me a bit , as i'm kind of slow. In my case i think i was hitting the wrong position due to fat finger syndrome . Thats all i have to say about that :hmm3grin2orange: Termite P.S. i hate ya'll are havin probs it's a joy to run now

Hate to hear you're having problems. I have had a little run time on one, definitely a sweet running saw! Hope everything gets worked out for you...

Dealer says he will take it back so I'm going to do that.

I'm looking into Stihl 460. If I go that route I will let you know how they compare.

562xp was a fine saw when it worked, it just sounds like they have some bugs to work out.

Just wanted add that it might look like there's a lot of problems with these saws but for every 1 saw that shows up on here there's 2000 that are working fine. Nobody except us CAD freaks are gonna get on here and brag about something that's working right.

Back