Help! 562xp engine won't start when "lukewarm".

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Faster (stock) than a ported 357 sounds promising - but I guess it matters who ported that 357........:msp_smile:

Also, even thought the 562 is stronger/faster for the same weight. I still like the 357! A lot! It has cut a lot of wood and has been absolutely flawless. Never flooded, never a problem at all. I always felt it had good power for it's weight, especially after porting.

I'm still unsure about the 562. It has not proven itself to me. Have not run it enough. My wood cuttin season is about over, but it'll get run at our gtg next mouth. And I'll run the crap out of it this next fall and winter.

346xp is still my favorite saw! :cheers:

Yes I have been doing it correctly, although I didn't really understand the mechanism. I will take a closer look thanks.

If you followed what the first (flawed) edition of the manual stated, flooding on a warm start would be close to inevitable.......

...Anyway, stay tuned,.......stihl has something big around the corner,that will make autotune,m-tronic saws a thing of the past almost overnight. Autotune/m-tronic saws are just a stepping stone.

Wonder why? The M-Tronic system seems to be working very well, with no problems that I've seen here, other than some of them needing the secret calibration. They run very well, no worries about tuning it or apparently even air leaks burning up the saw, I personally don't think I'd buy a new saw without it.

Still waiting on a 241C-M.

Seems kinda odd to put all that R&D into the M-Tronic system then replace it with fuel injection or something after less than a couple years though... :confused:

Thanks Hamish and everybody else who led me to take off the cover and see how it works! I ran her hard this morning and restarted using the right setting and what do you know it fired first pull after 10 min. Wow I am glad Arborsite has patient guys willing to lend a hand to those of us who dont read the manual and miss the obvious stuff. I noticed it sounded like it 4 stroked in the middle of a cut today though and now I wonder if all my overfueling might have fouled a plug. Thanks again. fast idle what do ya know!

Thanks Hamish and everybody else who led me to take off the cover and see how it works! I ran her hard this morning and restarted using the right setting and what do you know it fired first pull after 10 min. Wow I am glad Arborsite has patient guys willing to lend a hand to those of us who dont read the manual and miss the obvious stuff. I noticed it sounded like it 4 stroked in the middle of a cut today though and now I wonder if all my overfueling might have fouled a plug. Thanks again. fast idle what do ya know!

Glad to hear ya got it figured out. 562xp is really a great saw! :msp_smile:

Wonder why? The M-Tronic system seems to be working very well, with no problems that I've seen here, other than some of them needing the secret calibration. They run very well, no worries about tuning it or apparently even air leaks burning up the saw, I personally don't think I'd buy a new saw without it.

Still waiting on a 241C-M.

Seems kinda odd to put all that R&D into the M-Tronic system then replace it with fuel injection or something after less than a couple years though... :confused:

If it is fuel injection they could possibly use the same computer chip to run it, so it wouldn't be a total R&D wash.

I have 560xp it starts and stop perfectly, as well idle, but when you try to cut in wood, it has lack of power. I switched carb same story, checked ingnition, there is also no leakache. I put another carb, of the box fresh, also update new soft in service, but it only turns to 13,500 rmp unload. It is strange. I run new one 560xp it has 14,000 rmps unload. WTF is going on ? What I missed ? Anyone got same problem ?

You welcome.

Latest posts

Back