HELP, Chainsaw problems..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotto4044

Reaction score
so ive got two saws im having issues with, a poulan pro 220 and a mcculloch eager beaver 2.0. so the first one the pro220 i replaced the carb fuel line and filter as well as the air filter. it has good spark and compression but it wont stay idling very long and usually boggs down when you try to give it gas. carb settings dont seem to make any difference but if some one has the correct settings that would be great. the mcculloch has been cleaned but i cant get it to run for very long or it will bog down and die when i give it gas. it usually will run first pull but struggles after that. thanks for your help!!

so ive got two saws im having issues with, a poulan pro 220 and a mcculloch eager beaver 2.0. so the first one the pro220 i replaced the carb fuel line and filter as well as the air filter. it has good spark and compression but it wont stay idling very long and usually boggs down when you try to give it gas. carb settings dont seem to make any difference but if some one has the correct settings that would be great. the mcculloch has been cleaned but i cant get it to run for very long or it will bog down and die when i give it gas. it usually will run first pull but struggles after that. thanks for your help!!
Muffler screens clean?

The poulan pro carb settings, try opening up both the Hi & low around 2 - 21/2 turns and see what happens, sounds like you may need to rebuild your carburetor or just buy a new one, same on the Mac but open only 1 - 1 1/2 turns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you replaced broken/dryrotted fuel hoses on the Poulan, its possible that debris entered the carburetor. Take the carb off and remove the fuel pump cover (side with 1 screw) and clean the inlet screen. I see lots of these partially or fully clogged when the fuel filter falls off and debris enters the fuel hose. Its simple and worth the try.

Back