Help! Huskee 35 Ton log splitter - need parts, manual or identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy123

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi
New to the site.
I have a Huskee 35 Ton Log splitter its from TSC (tractor supply company)
I believe the model number (TSC number is LS40-1222)

I need a pump for it but I cannot find the pump or parts for the Huskee
I don't have the manual for this splitter.
TSC cannot help me they refer me to there customer service 800 number.
customer service refers me to MTD
MTD needs an 11 digit model number starting with "24" or they cannot help.

most of the stickers on this are destroyed.
I think it says manufactured for TSC by specialty
its at least 10 yrs old
powered by an 11 hp Briggs and stratton I/C engine (vertical shaft)

The pump is Haldex 080102 1002211
I have had no luck chasing that down either.

What I need is any of the below info:
- A replacement haldex pump
- a rebuild kit or supplier of the pump
- info on who can rebuild this pump (it appears seized or EXTREMELY difficult to turn)
- a huskee manual for this splitter in PDF
- a huskee part number for the pump
- the huskee 11 digit model number beginning with 24

Any help appreciated!

Any 16 gpm 2-stage log splitter pump will work with your 11 hp engine. The brand does not matter.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=log+splitter+pump.

They are not cost effective to rebuild.
Splitter manufacturers charge over $400 same pump you can buy online for under $150
Hi trip tester.
Thank you so much for replying.
I realize there are all kinds of pumps I could put on there with modifications. I am hoping to get something that is just going to bolt in place without drilling new holes buying different fittings, lovejoy couplings etc.
Do you know if all 2 stage 16 gpm pumps have same flange dimensions, bolt circle, shaft length, shaft diameter, inlet and outlet threads etc? For example the link u sent in ebay..
Thanks again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Your splitter was built by a company called Speeco which has since been purchased by Blount International (Oregon). Like triprester said, any 16gpm two stage pump will work.

http://www.speeco.com/products.aspx?id=95&prod=357
Hi Streblerm,
Thank you for the info.
That splitter resembles mine however my engine is vertical shaft. Its quite a bit older. I am really just trying to get a bolt on replacement. The splitter is at my moms house so I just dont have the time to drive there and then start having to research fittings and modify the flange because its "almost" the same.
Do you think the dimensions are standard for a 16gpm 2 stage pump?
Do you think speeco will have an older manual for my splitter?
Thanks again!

The pump mounts are for the most part universal ..... that being said why do you think you “need” a pump?

Hi.
Because the pump is basically seized.
I cannot for the life of me imagine how this would happen. With e pump connected to the engine I can barely turn engine over by pulling very hard on pull start. As soon as I removed pump it was eady and started right up. With all the hoses disconnected and the pump emptied I cannot rotate pump by hand. I would love to take it apart but it uses bolts with "star type heads" looks like inverse of torxs bolt.

Glad to know interface is universal.
I realize everything is sized for 16gpm flow /hp but do you think there is any benefit in going to next size up pump? For faster cycle time?
It may no longer be a 35 ton unit but I would rather have a faster ram at 20 ton..

Again, this is only something I would consider if an 18Gpm pump for example also used same flange/shaft etc..

Hi.
Because the pump is basically seized.
I cannot for the life of me imagine how this would happen. With e pump connected to the engine I can barely turn engine over by pulling very hard on pull start. As soon as I removed pump it was eady and started right up. With all the hoses disconnected and the pump emptied I cannot rotate pump by hand. I would love to take it apart but it uses bolts with "star type heads" looks like inverse of torxs bolt.

Glad to know interface is universal.
I realize everything is sized for 16gpm flow /hp but do you think there is any benefit in going to next size up pump? For faster cycle time?
It may no longer be a 35 ton unit but I would rather have a faster ram at 20 ton..

Again, this is only something I would consider if an 18Gpm pump for example also used same flange/shaft etc..

Andy here is a link to a place i used to replace the pump on my splitter. i was pleased with the quick service.
http://www.daltonhydraulic.com/hydraulic-pumps/log-splitter-pumps

Adding a bigger pump won’t help much if you don’t have the motor to push it . You probably won’t be happy with the result . Get your self some torex sockets and pull that pump apart . They really are not all that complicated . If it’s rusted up you may have water in the fluid

Adding a bigger pump won’t help much if you don’t have the motor to push it . You probably won’t be happy with the result . Get your self some torex sockets and pull that pump apart . They really are not all that complicated . If it’s rusted up you may have water in the fluid
Hi thank you for the advice also thank you for identifying what tool that is. The bizarre thing is that it was running fine and then just slowed down and stopped as if it seized up so regarding rust it was already running fine it's not like it had been sitting for 10 years also when I bought it a few years ago I replaced all the oil with new hydraulic oil I really want to pull it apart just because I don't understand how this could happen it's probably rebuildable but it's a haldex pump and I can't find somebody with a parts manual to order parts

Regarding the bigger pump I totally agree without the engine to push it you will lose performance but it might theoretically cycle faster it would of course not be a 35-ton unit anymore and it would probably not cycle as fast as a unit designed to run on a 22 GPM pump however I'm wondering if it would run a little bit faster. It's nice to have a 35 ton unit but to be honest with you I have another splitter with five horsepower maybe 20 ton I have never been able to stall it or have it stopped in a log without eventually getting through sure it will slow down to almost nothing but one second later and usually pops through. Anyway it looks like pump sizes go from 16 GPM to 22 GPM and it appears as though nothing in the 22 GPM range is a 4 bolt flange only two bolts which by the way seems counterintuitive I was really hoping I could find something like an 18 GPM pump

It will probably move a bit faster unloaded , but once in the Wood is where it will slow and have to kick into the slower stage easier . If you want speed change the cylinder . Pump size is matched to motor output for a reason . There is a good deal of math behind it . Also 18 gpm pump ... may be hard to find

It will probably move a bit faster unloaded , but once in the Wood is where it will slow and have to kick into the slower stage easier . If you want speed change the cylinder . Pump size is matched to motor output for a reason . There is a good deal of math behind it . Also 18 gpm pump ... may be hard to find
agreed the 18 GPM pump may not even exist. My understanding is that as soon as the log is connected you're on the first stage anyway. The longest part about splitting to me seems to be the travel time unloaded. My concern would be that the valve sizing, hoses, fittings, etc would achieve choked flow and therefore raise pressure and not even allow second stage to utilized when unloaded

I still can't identify this machine.
71d9d8d97e5cf6604999e369cd4067e7.jpg
cf249b600eefc9ee40dce7719bb64c89.jpg
dac9a0182dab416d3691f9ec084e2cd9.jpg
24246d9b7cad21da983a70597eb2cae1.jpg
8b154b7a80c3b62dbbfcaecdd9c6acf6.jpg

in the haldex pumps the eight 11 13 and 16 all use the same shaft and mounting flange. They do have different ports. Once you jump to 22 and 28 it’s a larger I think it’s a B2 flange I don’t recall but it’s larger than the smaller frames.
also force does not change with pump size. force is pressure times cylinder area. pump size more gives you faster speed but it also takes more horsepower.

in the haldex pumps the eight 11 13 and 16 all use the same shaft and mounting flange. They do have different ports. Once you jump to 22 and 28 it’s a larger I think it’s a B2 flange I don’t recall but it’s larger than the smaller frames.
also force does not change with pump size. force is pressure times cylinder area. pump size more gives you faster speed but it also takes more horsepower.
Thank you kevin
I agree force does not change with pump size. I was proposing the trade off of force for ram speed (only in free travel not when splitting). My theory is I have a 35 ton splitter and I need 20tons (because I have never stalled a 20ton splitter). If I am using 15 out of 35 tons of force than it doesnt slow down much when its splitting and still wouldnt slow down much if it was reduced to 20 tons by inefficiently pushing "too tall a gear" in a 22gpm pump. My hope however was it would return faster. This is the idea of a two stage pump to begin with. I am wondering if there is a limit to the delta of the two flows in a two stage and what we end up with is a happy compromise.

More to the point.. I really need a manual, and a model number. Can you identify this splitter?
Thanks

I did a little research for you. I believe your model/sku is : Huskee 35 Ton 11 HP Log Splitter (#21-53427)
I have the 12.5 hp 35 ton vertical engine and my # is 21-53613 my unit is about 8 years old.
My parts manual has my pump as a 16gpm Barnes part number HC390709 but I would just go to
Surplus Center and match up the pump. As stated earlier, the 4 bolt pattern should be universal at 2".

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...s/16-GPM-2-Stage-Hydraulic-Pump-9-7503-16.axd

I have the same splitter. Your splitter is Ls401222. I can’t find any manuals for mine either. I’m working on it now, and I think I need a new pump also. Might pull the cylinder apart and see if I have a leak in there. It just won’t split big logs anymore.

Get a gauge on there, probably a pressure issue. But thanks for restoring an old thread. Bunch of guys are gonna get “likes” for there comments that they made years ago. There is a handful of guys that know a ton about hydraulics. They’ll be along shortly to get your straightened out. But first get a gauge on there and you’ll see where you are losing pressure or simply not making any

Latest posts

Back