Help Identifying a Tripod Orchard Ladder - 12' - 1970's Vintage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baumgrenze

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I need help identifying the manufacturer of a 12' wooden tripod orchard ladder I bought in the early 1970's It included distinctive hardware at the top area and bottom step. It is 4.5' wide at the tread base and extends 6' to the base of the tripod leg as currently restrained. I estimate the weight at 40-42 pounds. No wonder today's ladders are made of aluminum! If I once knew, I've since forgotten the purpose of the 4 outboard 'ring brackets' near the top.

Do any readers know?

Does anyone recognize the brand from its hardware?

https://imgur.com/a/44tzSyc

Thanks
baumgrenze

44tzSyc

Attachments

• IMG_7507_Sel_12FtLadderStanding.jpg
    IMG_7507_Sel_12FtLadderStanding.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 12FtLadderDetailsComposite.jpg
    12FtLadderDetailsComposite.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
"If I once knew, I've since forgotten the purpose of the 4 outboard 'ring brackets' near the top."

Andy Mariani of Andy's Orchard in Morgan Hill, CA replied that each ring was included to hang a steel harvesting bucket while picking fruit with both hands. No wonder the ladder is 'hell for strong and heavy as sin.'

Thanks
baumgrenze

I'm still interested in learning if the tripod leg hinge design and overall design (straight ladder with added splayed sides) are indicative of one manufacturer.

44tzSyc

Latest posts

Back