Help identifying my tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexcaruso

Reaction score
I'm having trouble identifying this tree at the rear of my property, in Miami, Florida. Nobody seems to know what it is and I'm afraid it could be of the poisonous type... Does it look familiar to anybody?

Attachments

• LEAF.jpeg
    LEAF.jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 21
  • LEAF2.jpeg
    LEAF2.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 18
I'm usually pretty good with tree ID, but not going to be much help with s Florida trees!

Tree using the Seek app by I-naturalist

Thanks for your answer, guys! There's no good angle to get the whole tree. It is #2 in the first pic. And also it has been savagely pruned by my neighbor...

Attachments

• LEAF5.jpeg
    LEAF5.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 26
  • LEAF6.jpeg
    LEAF6.jpeg
    371.5 KB · Views: 26
To be sure that is a tree leaf and not from the climbing vine?
We do get Pothos vine climbs into tree with larger and larger leaves further from soil line, turns to rotting applesauce with nip of cold on eventual colder 'winter' cycle.
Same as/possibly transplanted from hanging from basket Pothos, where leaves serving below soil line by contrast get smaller and smaller.

Well... the tree is on his side of the fence but if Environmental finds out that he chopped it so bad they will fine him. And yes, it is a vine that had created it's own branches all over the tree. It is amazing how it has blended in. Thank you everyone for your help!

Back