Help me fill a Toolbox for member Hoskvarna!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Members here is the deal,

As many of you have already heard Mark lost his shop in a recent fire.
I am donating to the Hosky family a Snap-On KRA 380 toolbox S/N 2507329 with a
18"X19" side box I made many years ago. This unit has a frame I made with 8" dia
casters for use on rough surface.

This box and contents will be delivered to the Hosky's at their Spring GTG.

Here is where you all come in, most of us are mechanics in one degree or another.
And as such many of us have duplicate or even triplicate of some tools. The box is
currently EMPTY.

I am respectfully asking for either tools, or you can send me funds to purchase a specific
item and I will load it in the box for donation.

Please post what you are donating so we don't end up with multiple sets of the same item.

Thank-you for your time and consideration!

Chet

toolbox 016.JPG

Hmm, now just how many tools of destruction do I have to unload.. 6-7 cubic yards worth maybe. Now multiply that by the number of Iowa people who know where this guy lives. or even just the varieties of cordless hand tools, no two with the same charger. Maybe limit it to a certain range of things. But if they need a few five gallon buckets of chain, four foot wrecking bars, etc I've got a fair heap o stuff..

Is there a list of tools to pick from? I know what I have and like to use but I don't do it for a living. I apologize that I don't recall seeing this member much on the forum but I think I will try to help I do have alot of duplicate tools I could share.

smokey7, it is pretty much open season on what you would like to donate.
Mark & Ron are great guys and after Mark's shop burned to the ground I feel
anything we can do will help.

Is there a list of tools to pick from? I know what I have and like to use but I don't do it for a living. I apologize that I don't recall seeing this member much on the forum but I think I will try to help I do have alot of duplicate tools I could share.

Just a wild assed guess, but I think the locals will fill in the farm and auto tools pretty fast. Still, if someone donated a bunch of bluepoint or Milwaukee tools, I don't think they'll be too broken heated over it. Small expensive stuff would be like taps, dies, picks, probes, inch pound torque wrenches, odd little fiddly stuff unique to small engine work you won't find out in cow town middle of nowhere land.

Point taken. Let me look around. I do have a beautiful 3/8 snap on cordless impact wrench that needs a battery and I don't have a delivery driver any more. And I'm sure many others

Chet, I may be able to help out a bit here. I am a diesel mech and know a few impliment guys. I will be checking with my tool dealers when i get home and contribute any and all i can. I can get access to some specalty tools that may be harder to come by, and have an idea of what can be got for better pricing through correct channels with diecent warranties too.

Any tools you are looking to purchase let me know and i can check what i can get for pricing through my dealers or my brothers work(tool distribuiter). Let me know anything i can do to help with this.
If you want to contact me shoot me a pm and i will get you my phone#.

All very good. Nothing like 3 21 gallon totes of "now why do I have four sets of these" tools. Which is probably what I'll have after cleaning out the garage this weekend. Might be less after minion pilferage, might be more after cleaning up the junk left from the guy I'm replacing. Why he left half a dozen tool belts in the garage here, I cannot fathom. So, essentially two garage cleanups. Wonder if they need a plug in pressure washer. Lol who knows, this might end up being one big spare tool swap meet.

I am so not right in the head.

Back