help needed from the one saw owners.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to think the 361 was the best one saw for most firewood guys. The 261 seems to be taking it's place and is lighter. The 560 could be a good replacement for the 361 also.

My only one saw would be a 044/440. Light enough to run all day and plenty of power. There really isn't much else to say. :bowdown: the 044/440.

A 290 would be fine for 90% of the guys here.:laugh: Want and need differ alot.;)

I personally dont think its possible to have too much saw....... Unless you have some back issues or are getting older a 372 is the perfect saw because it will pull double duty cutting big and small stuff with ease.

:agree2: Or the Jonsered CS2171, Jred equivalent of 372. Get a couple of different length bars & chains, and you should be good to go.

Get a 100cc saw !! cover all the stuff you ever need to do..
nothing like limbing and cutting 12 inch trees with all that power !!
And for the 100+ cord of wood you cut every year you will need it !
Now with all that being said,after you got by with that chinese saw imagine how nice it would be with a real 50cc saw..you dont really cut that much wood,,you dont cut very many large trees,and from what you have said from your very first post for what you need a saw for there are many smaller saws that will make you happy..
everybody will tell you what THEY think you should have and not what you NEED and can afford. a student correct ? .occasional firewood for the cottage,(remember), trimming in the orchard ??? do you really want to spend three months pay on a saw ??
i have cut many 36 inch trees with a dolmar PS510 , $300,,the husqvarna 350 and it's siblings do the same at about the same price..may not be that fast but will do fine on most of the smaller stuff you have talked about and for limbing..and wont cost three months pay..
Stihl,forget it,they just add on lots of $$$ for the paint scheme..no better than the others,just cost more.
my avatar is of a 42 inch maple with the dolmar PS510 in it i used to cut it down and cut it up..was not easy but shows what can be done.
spend you money wiselly ,, buy small and be happy..

Hell my little echo could handle all that. Go on craigslist and spend $175 on a brand new echo. Less then $200 and it would probably be plenty for you they are dead reliable so you wouldnt be working on it all the time. If any problems came up it has a nice 5yr warrenty :)

Hell my little echo could handle all that. Go on craigslist and spend $175 on a brand new echo. Less then $200 and it would probably be plenty for you they are dead reliable so you wouldnt be working on it all the time. If any problems came up it has a nice 5yr warrenty :)

excellent advice. The selection of echo saws on the transylvanian craigslist is superb to say the least

I think a 60cc saw fits in the one saw category.I do know a guy at work that all he uses is a WildThing and loves it.Been tring to get him to come out and use one of my saws so he knows just how nice his does cut.

not here you don`t.
and I am not the guy to buy used saws from flea market.
that was my motto all my life. and one day I have broken it and got the chinese saw. and it was infected with a damn bug that seem to have no cure and now I want more saws....do you think penicillin could help ?

not here you don`t.
that was my motto all my life. and one day I have broken it and got the chinese saw. and it was infected with a damn bug that seem to have no cure and now I want more saws....do you think penicillin could help ?

No, just a good shot of common sense!

excellent advice. The selection of echo saws on the transylvanian craigslist is superb to say the least

Or you could open your mind a little bit and get on a different craigslist and have it shipped:bang:If you put a little thought into it you can over come alot:clap:

not here you don`t.

No, we have CAD, you are thinkin of the CLAP

Last edited:
To answer your original question, a 365 is an excellant choice. It seems that any manufacturers 65cc saws seem to be priced right over here in the states. I could cut 95% of all my firewood with a 65 and a 40cc saw.

My first 2 saws were both 50cc. I cut lots of wood with them and heated my house with those 2 only for a lot of years. I found this site when one of them broke and now I have over 20 runners.

Get a poulan wild thing, its better then your chinese junk.....

I had that echo for a while and it cut plenty of wood and its only 37cc's. I really think you need to stop reading this forum and go buy a saw......

I agree, quit spending all your time starting the same threads again and take a saw to some wood. Go pester a dealer until they give you something to try out.

Back