• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Help, newly planted maple?

Dben

ArboristSite Lurker
Planted a colonel Norway maple in May, ball in burlap. Started out fine but has slowly deteriorated and now leaves are turning white and or browning like leaf scorch. Soil is watered plenty. Any idea what this is? Is the tree going to die? Not isolated to one section or branch C31D1841-0054-469A-92FA-D1827517BB2A.jpeg 94B4443C-9D87-4D68-8EEE-9DB8037B997C.jpeg 4F4FBE8D-B3CC-43A3-83C1-70F451E52179.jpeg DC0DE081-FA27-4570-B3C0-3B06E6CF0F8D.jpeg

NIP Group
Jed1124

Jed1124

Addicted to ArboristSite
Planting depth looks decent. Burlap is off. Watering has been consistent.

I can’t say that anything points to a specific problem. It may loose its leaves a bit early due to transplant stress and then look great next year.

Others may have more to add but I will say time will tell.

Dben

ArboristSite Lurker
Planting depth looks decent. Burlap is off. Watering has been consistent.

I can’t say that anything points to a specific problem. It may loose its leaves a bit early due to transplant stress and then look great next year.

Others may have more to add but I will say time will tell.
Thank you for your input. Curious what others think. Main worry is already has maple wilt but most likely cause probably is transplant stress.

Dben

ArboristSite Lurker
ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Does the fall leaf shed come soon in your area?
May just be a bit early, which I wouldn't worry too much over.

Hopefully it handles winter ok.
I've had bad luck with flowers and trees surviving here. Even the ones rated to -40*.

Dben

ArboristSite Lurker
Does the fall leaf shed come soon in your area?
May just be a bit early, which I wouldn't worry too much over.

Hopefully it handles winter ok.
I've had bad luck with flowers and trees surviving here. Even the ones rated to -40*.
I’m in Washington state. Fall leaf shed is generally around October I believe. Will cross my fingers next year will be much better.