• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

HELP!!!! Rope piston stop stuck!

cblachly7808

cblachly7808

ArboristSite Lurker
So I got the frayed end of the rope stuck between the piston and cylinder on the exhaust port. Tried pulling cylinder still stuck 288xp saw.

Stihl dragon

Stihl dragon

ArboristSite Lurker
I have to get a new piston and cylinder for my Ms 310 because of that. Went from needing a simple oil line replacement to something much worse. Apply oil, try to back it off with a socket on the fly wheel. Damage is likely.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

I'm stihl crazy

I'm stihl crazy

ArboristSite Operative
Well Rats!!!-Maybe pull the muffler and you could see the problem to free it. Good luck and welcome to the site-David
I agree with take the muffler off

If u have some rope broke of in the muff good time to get it off and look
At it!! If u start it it could have reversion and suck it back in if u think u got the rope out,, could be bad,, did the rope thing once to,, never again

Get a stop and or impact only,, may have a few disagree on that but been slamming saws apart for a while like that,, no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s sidewall

s sidewall

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
plus.google.com
Like I said way back, got to burn the rope. May have to got in on the charge port side with the flame. Also to be safe, cover back side of saw with a big wet towel so nothing catches on fire, gas fumes, etc...

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk