HELP!!!! Rope piston stop stuck!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cblachly7808

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I got the frayed end of the rope stuck between the piston and cylinder on the exhaust port. Tried pulling cylinder still stuck 288xp saw.

I have to get a new piston and cylinder for my Ms 310 because of that. Went from needing a simple oil line replacement to something much worse. Apply oil, try to back it off with a socket on the fly wheel. Damage is likely.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Well Rats!!!-Maybe pull the muffler and you could see the problem to free it. Good luck and welcome to the site-David

I agree with take the muffler off

If u have some rope broke of in the muff good time to get it off and look
At it!! If u start it it could have reversion and suck it back in if u think u got the rope out,, could be bad,, did the rope thing once to,, never again

Get a stop and or impact only,, may have a few disagree on that but been slamming saws apart for a while like that,, no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok big rope is out, still stuck, small piece still left in there. Still don't budge cylinder won't pop off either

Pulled bolts again, good news torch in plug hole burnt more out got a few more fuzzies out the exhaust port. Still stuck

Like I said way back, got to burn the rope. May have to got in on the charge port side with the flame. Also to be safe, cover back side of saw with a big wet towel so nothing catches on fire, gas fumes, etc...

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Back