HELP!!!! Rope piston stop stuck!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you keep the piston above the exhaust port near the top with rope in the cylinder this will never happen. How could it with all the ports covered? Rotating the crank because you have it locked in the wrong direction is how this happens. Pull the rope and set the piston properly.

Been doing it this way for 15 years with the same piece of rope and have yet to jam up a cylinder. I have knots tied in my rope so I don't have pack so much in.

Chris B.

Right about using rope.

Burn the ends and his piston/cylinder was worn enough on one side to allow passage of the piece of rope.
Would not have happened if he would have placed the piston close to the top of the bore above the intake/ex ports before inserting the rope.
If rope had not got hung the saw was most likely was going to be a problem saw anyway by the looks of the pictures. We know that buying a chainsaw without doing a close pre-inspection is like buying a pig in a poke. (and sometimes you are looking at a sick pig that is wearing lipstick)
(buy cheap enough that a used saw can be just used for parts if later inspection results in being a bad saw)

I just recently bought a Poulan 4200 for parts and was hoping p/c was in good shape, nope, ring locator pins had come out and milled two groves in cylinder and piston, has flywheel damage and recoil damage. Oh well, just parts.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Luckily it was cheap enough that I can rebuild the whole thing for the price the eBay ones seem to be going for these days, that may or may not be rebuilt. Luckily it did what I bought it for initially to make about a dozen cuts in a standing seasoned maple that my Ms310 was not liking. Not that my 310 is bad at all just easier with a bigger saw.

Latest posts

Back