• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Help Sachs Dolmar 120 Super

sidehillgrowler

sidehillgrowler

ArboristSite Member
My Sachs Dolmar 120 super runs good when not cutting. Rev's up ok but usually will dies within half a minute. I took it to the chainsaw shop and the mechanic said there was fuel coming out when you lay it on it side where the fuel line attaches to the fuel tank. The part where the fuel line attaches doesn't look like the one in the parts schematic for the saw so he doesn't know where to get a part that matches it. If you look at the picture it leaks out of the top of the black button looking part where the fuel line attaches. I'm attaching pictures and maybe some of you with a Sachs 120 could look and see if this what you have.

Attachments

sidehillgrowler

sidehillgrowler

ArboristSite Member
That is the same parts diagram that the service tech was looking at and it doesn't match what is on the saw so he didn't know what to do. This saw doesn't have a primer bowl as some saws have.

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
The line with part number 17 in it does not use the primer bulb, this unit allows for a feed line to the carb and a nipple for a vent line that runs up behind the carb air box. Most 120S saws had the primer bulb, I have both versions.

psuiewalsh

psuiewalsh

Addicted to ArboristSite
I think it's missing the top of the valve. That is why it leaks fuel. The 120si used the same plastic tank with no primer setup I believe.

sidehillgrowler

sidehillgrowler

ArboristSite Member
okay I ordered the fuel vent a little different than the original but it fits. I have to put a little fuel in the carb to get it to start. After starting it runs strong at high speeds but as soon as I let off the throttle it dies. If I let the throttle down slowly it runs for a few seconds. Any thoughts would be appreciated.