Help Sachs Dolmar 120 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidehillgrowler

Stihl 056
Reaction score
My Sachs Dolmar 120 super runs good when not cutting. Rev's up ok but usually will dies within half a minute. I took it to the chainsaw shop and the mechanic said there was fuel coming out when you lay it on it side where the fuel line attaches to the fuel tank. The part where the fuel line attaches doesn't look like the one in the parts schematic for the saw so he doesn't know where to get a part that matches it. If you look at the picture it leaks out of the top of the black button looking part where the fuel line attaches. I'm attaching pictures and maybe some of you with a Sachs 120 could look and see if this what you have.

Attachments

• IMG_6629.JPG
    IMG_6629.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0106.JPG
    IMG_0106.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
That is the same parts diagram that the service tech was looking at and it doesn't match what is on the saw so he didn't know what to do. This saw doesn't have a primer bowl as some saws have.

okay I ordered the fuel vent a little different than the original but it fits. I have to put a little fuel in the carb to get it to start. After starting it runs strong at high speeds but as soon as I let off the throttle it dies. If I let the throttle down slowly it runs for a few seconds. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Back