Help to identify this wood please?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't cut much Hickory but that doesn't look like any hickory I have cut. I think it looks like Willow. Both are very different. Willow is soft and would cut very easy and is a much wetter and rot prone wood. Hickory is 1 of the very hardest woods in these and most parts and you can tell as it works your chainsaw much harder. I don't think it rots that easy either. If I had almost any thing else I don't think I'd waste time cutting willow for firewood. Not near the heat and a ton of ashes. May be ok in an outdoor woodburner. Hickory on the other hand is 1 of the very best.
My phone keeps adding the words "open old" after I push send?!?!?!? It is really aggravating.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
might help to delete "sent..........g Tapatalk" some find that aggravating also. Just a suggestion (-;

might help to delete "sent..........g Tapatalk" some find that aggravating also. Just a suggestion (-;
Are you saying some find it aggravating that my email says the message was sent by "tapatalk using my lg........" phone?
You are not really telling me that I should take time out to delete this because some find it aggravating? Are you?
Because If "someone" whomever that someone may be can just not tap on my post if they find my settings aggravating.
If I'm wrong and this is not what you are suggesting.....then will you please explain what it is you are suggesting?

If my phone sending "open old" is some setting that I know nothing about then please pardon me if I offended anybody.

Are you saying some find it aggravating that my email says the message was sent by "tapatalk using my lg........" phone?
You are not really telling me that I should take time out to delete this because some find it aggravating? Are you?
Because If "someone" whomever that someone may be can just not tap on my post if they find my settings aggravating.
If I'm wrong and this is not what you are suggesting.....then will you please explain what it is you are suggesting?

I've seen others mention that aspect of the message seem to be extranious or wasted space or free advert for tap aphone or what ever full title may be these forums seem to be less than good for sensitive personalities thin skinned or the like. just observations not judjment calls (-; ;-)

I've seen others mention that aspect of the message seem to be extranious or wasted space or free advert for tap aphone or what ever full title may be these forums seem to be less than good for sensitive personalities thin skinned or the like. just observations not judjment calls (-; ;-)
I get it Semo Tony. I think you are correct when you say these forums are not for the thin skinned or super sensitive.
I for one don't see an issue with it, nor do I see why anybody would even bother with crying about it.
I guess in times where everyone gets a trophy these butt hurt people would worry about issues such as this.
I'm a manly man. Thick skinned and can care less about what someone's phone settings are. Lol but not everybody sees it this way.
And now because I have a dog in this fight I am VERY reluctant to do anything about deleting this from my posts.
But for sake of I being a new member I will end this post and starting anew will be sure not to hurt antibodies feelings. Lol

I was offered free range to cut wood from a pile of logs after a clearing and am trying to identify this wood. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
affa4cb038ff091d2e12542207b7b7db.jpg
0033abbaf5e65c2d18f5cdcd94938a93.jpg

Is the wood light or heavy?
What does it smell like?
Did it cut like softwood or hardwood?
Can you get more pics of trees near it that are standing that are the same?
Any pieces of the branches left for pics?

Latest posts

Back