Help with a tree service web app

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazloturbine

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm a web developer who has been working with a tree service company for the past 10 years. During that time I've developed a web app that allows the company to manage leads and customers, generate estimates and invoices, and manage work. It essentially allows the team to run their day to day operations.

I'm currently working on revamping the system and I was curious if anyone would be able to share some insights about web apps/software that they've used in the past. I'm curious to learn what has worked well, what could be improved, what functionality do you wish you had?

The goal is to build a system that could be utilized by a number of tree service companies. I'm in the initial phases of development right now and want to hear from as many arborists as I can before I finalize all of the pieces that will make it into phase 1.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Thanks Owen. I'll reach out to you once I have a prototype available. I'm very interested in getting input from tree service professionals. Thanks!

Thanks mate, our company has only recently moved completely away from paper and we are now looking into apps

We have been looking recently at an invoice app called invoice to go (yet to try it out)... ideally we'd like an app that can do everything from quotes, invoices, risk assessments, pre- work site inspections etc etc..... One app to rule them all... all linked together so all staff can see updates from one has made.

A few things i'd like to see.. Not sure if this is suitable but anyway

Quotes need a section to add photos and info for only us to see.
An automatic follow up email after quote has been sent
Also need a way for client to sign and except quote before commencing work (maybe linked to one of those things couriers use)
A section to complete after each job for future recurring jobs. How quick they paid, problems with clients etc etc.. basically after searching the clients address in the app will bring up info from previous work.

I'm not sure if any of this has been put in apps but i have a million little ideas like this i'd like to incorporate into my business and an APP would be the go.

Thanks

This is great info. Please keep it coming. Thanks!

The app that I previous built can handle all of the requirements that you listed except for the last:

A section to complete after each job for future recurring jobs. How quick they paid, problems with clients etc etc.. basically after searching the clients address in the app will bring up info from previous work.

this is a great idea. I had never thought of this. I'm going to add this to the list of enhancements. Thanks again!

We to are going paperless and like the idea of an all in one app.

Like Owen we are looking for something that will do all the quoting and invoicing side of things but to add to that we would like to be able to integrate more into a job sheet.
A function that prompts safety checklists to be carried out when we arrive onsite. Daily checks, chemical registers if spraying is involved. Storing of procedures and msds sheets and documents like these.

Sorry my head is spinning at the thought of being able to run my business from one app

Brodie

Advanced Grounds Management

If you could put the client info into a map form it would be nice. Then when you bid a job you could look at your map before you get there and tell your potential client about the other clients you have worked for in the area.

Back