Help with Echo 370-cs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercer Mike

Reaction score
I have a ECHO -370cs chain saw that is about 4 maybe 5 years old, used around the property to cut and clear brush, small trees etc., nothing major. this is the first year I have had any trouble with it, seems that when it gets into a cut over about 5 inches or so it just quits, engine stays running by saw will nt drive the chain. I put a new air filter, gas filter, bar and chain on it, can verify that the chain will turn by hand and it is not too tight, also I can verify that the chain bar oiler is working. Tried it again today and while cutting a 9 inch pine log it just stopped again, engine did not shut off but chain quit turning, I did notice a little bit of blue smoke that came out of bottom of saw. I looked online for some ideas but before I go and do anything I thought I would ask for some help and get some ideas on what to do, I will appreciate any help I can get, thanks, Mike

I had a saw do that before I knew much about saws. The spur sprocket was worn down. It would rev but not turn the chain. I have cut 100 cords more with that same saw and it still has the factory clutch FWIW

Welcome to the site. Lot of good advice to be found here from these guys.

Trying pulling the clutch drum off and see if there's bar oil in there. My cs 590 did that somehow and went from being able to burry the bar to slipping badly at the beginning of a cut. I cleaned it out real good and its been cutting fine since. Good luck with your saw.

Back