• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Help with Homelite id

NIP Group
CMinME

CMinME

Arboristsite novice
It has XL somewhere in it's name. I'll cross post in the Homie thread
Thanks very much. I’m still getting the hang of where to post questions for different saws.
Cam
By the way, what do I have to do to graduate from “lurker” status? Is it based completely on posting threads and helping to answer questions? I’m pretty new to saw collecting and repair so I don’t have much in the way of advice for most people.

fossil

fossil

Eh?
By the way, what do I have to do to graduate from “lurker” status? Is it based completely on posting threads and helping to answer questions? I’m pretty new to saw collecting and repair so I don’t have much in the way of advice for most people.

It's a Super XL for sure but I'm not sure what looks like a hole in the the top of the fuel tank is doing there just behind the fill hole.
The screw head to access the oil line behind the oil tank fill looks like it may be a plug so it may be a manual oiler only saw.
If that's the case, back then the auto oiler saws were XL Autos and the manual oiler only saws were Super XL's

At some point, the Auto oiler saws became Super XLAO saws except in Canada (Terry built) where they remained XL Auto's

You can change the lurker title to something else under your account details, "Custom title"