Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katedyer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hello all,

I am mostly here because I need some help deciding whether or not to get a saw for my significant other. For his birthday I'd like to get him a vintage saw however my knowledge base is lacking. I am looking at a Stihl 056 and Stihl 041 super. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for information on things that I should be looking at when (and if) I go see the seller, considerations and other things that a newbie should be aware of, appropriate pricing or, perhaps I should be looking for something else totally. (advice on that would be awesome as well). Other good information would be is if i should hold out for a 056AV, super or mag.

Thanks everyone,

Kate

yea, hes an arborist, we both work firefighting, he works as a saw boss for a handcrew ( i work on helicopters) and we live off grid.

.....and we live off grid.
so she says in a post on an internet forum...o_O

As for finding the saw...scroll down a bit to the Chainsaw section under equipment forums and I think you't get better responses. Put the saw models you are looking for in the title. You could also put a wanted request in the tradin' post. See what kinds or prices are offered.

We live off grid but I am getting my masters degree and have to go to school when I'm not fire fighting. :) and thank you for the tips. I believe that I found what I'm looking for, 056 Super Mag with 36 in bar.

Thanks to those who posted.

Just because we live off grid doesn't mean we live under a rock....

Back