Helping a friend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwilliams

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So last wknd i decided to help a friend who recently started a business cutting trees so I was getting all the wood large white oak. So last wknd he was trying to use a ms250 to cut the large PCs of this tree and I just laughed and he said he left his big saw at home. And would bring it back this wknd. So this wknd he showed up with his big saw a beat up missing PCs 029 with a 28” bar and chain and said let me show you how this thing cuts. Well I had my whole truck loaded till he made it through one 36”pc of the base. And thought it was doing good. Well once I got the echo 620 and showed him how a bigger saw works. Looks like he is going this wk to bigger saw. Some people just don’t have common sense but hey whatever I guess

I have cut 40"+ rounds with my 60cc saw and a 20" bar. It takes a minute to do, but not ridiculous unless you are doing it all day everyday. But my 60cc is a true pro saw and I need to pick up a bigger bar for the occasional big tree, but I don't cut for a living. I guess it also depends on where you live as some areas a 60cc with a 20" is overkill but in others it would be considered homeowners saw.

029 wearing a 28" though is pretty laughable especially if he is trying to make money.

I recently helped my brother get a few logs, he was toting a MS 461 and me......50 cc's of pure destruction.
It can be done. Lol20190210_104916.jpg this is all the carpenter ants gave us on this big chestnut Oak.20190210_105104.jpg

Back