Helping Out Terry & Anne With A Classic Saw Raffle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Randy, the offer still stands to Ed for all his generosity over the years, and Ill extend it to WorkSawCollector too, and you old emu legs, you too do a LOT for this community of chainsaw nuts. If you ever come up here, Drinks are on me. Shoot, Ill be down in Bristol for Easter if you wanna come by, They got a nice place to wet your beak right on state street. Ill pick up the tab.

Thanks for that Matt.....I just try to give a little back.

I just added another item to my first post. :)

We have yet another nice prize. This was offered a couple of days ago on SawHogz, and I was busy, so, I forgot. :(

From member IEL:

"I can not really afford to take part in the raffle, but if your interested, I could put together one of my hand made knives for a raffle prize.

I have a blade blanked out of 01 tool steel from a vintage black diamond mill file, hand ground, and waiting for heat treat. I can finish the blade and bring it to a mirror polish. I will leave it unhandled until the drawing, so the winner can choose from the selection of woods I have on hand.

Let me know if your interested.... "

"Here is the blade I am thinking of, along with some of my past work as an example of the finished product. "

"If I have enough acetylene left for heat treating that blade, I should get a picture up of the finished knife blade this afternoon.

It will also include a hand made swedish/finish style leather sheath.

Handle options are eastern rock maple, black walnut, cherry, bubinga, purple heart, and I will see if I can find anything else in the offcut. bin. "

The winner of this prize gets to choose the handle material.

Nice knives! Actually I make knives for a living and never even thought of donating one for this raffle. I'll see what I can come up with this week.
Some of these guys and gals may not know who and what a Sunfish knife is ? Bet them earlier pix are gone !
They are not just knives , they are true works of art !! Way way above my pay grade ! LOL And worth every cent !!

Some of these guys and gals may not know who and what a Sunfish knife is ? Bet them earlier pix are gone !
They are not just knives , they are true works of art !! Way way above my pay grade ! LOL And worth every cent !!
Above mine too but I love looking around his site.

I make knives out of files , but mine are nothing even a little close to his ! LOL I am just no artist , just a hack at it ! LOL IEL does very nice work too for only being 16 yrs. old ! His knives right now could end up being very collectible some day if he keeps at ! Kinda think he will !
If I had any extra knives made right now I would donate one . I did donate something little for this go round. LOL

I was helped a tremendous amount not long ago , had to give a little back . And I hope to again next time its needed !

Plus I won a dang nice saw ! Never won anything before either ! I think my buddies here have changed my life for the good in many ways ! Thank you all !! :bowdown:

Lots of people have told me that having too many items in a raffle is crazy......but I'm not so sure. The more items, the more chances of winning.

Here's yet another prize !!!!!!

How does a set of 24 hand tied flies, with a case, sound?

These are absolute beautiful works of art.

I've got a few pics to post......hold on. :rock:

Back