Helping Out Terry & Anne With A Classic Saw Raffle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of people have told me that having too many items in a raffle is crazy......but I'm not so sure. The more items, the more chances of winning.

I am with ya, to many items in a raffle is like saying there is to much bacon on my BLT! To much sugar in my sweet tea!

Thought I would stop in here again. Been a while since I have been to this site...

Really nice to hear what you guys think about my work! I have only done about 8-10 knives so far, but my general time spent in the blacksmith and metal shop has really let me pick it up quickly.

Still working on perfecting the heat treat, they take and hold a good edge, and are not brittle, but I am sure there is a little more to get out of them. I do all my heat treating the way I learned from a couple of elderly blacksmiths. Going by colors for all of it.

I still have a lot to learn, but I think I am well on my way. My inspiration for knife making was John Nelson Cooper. I want my knives to look nice, but they all have to be functional and useful.

Hopefully the winner will be happy with this knife!

My personal edc knife is either a spyderco delica or an older american made schrade 6-OT (buck 110 copy). I have and like opinels, but they are a bit bulky for me to carry around all the time. Sure take a good edge though.

Yea they are cheap, if you cut a extra sharp cheddar it will rust within hours without cleaning and oiling.
Good carbon steel will rust, just rinse and dry and it will turn dark, but not rust. Only rust when left wet, or food on the blade. I use no stainless steel for my blades! :)

The "crappie jigs" and the knife looked good. I do not have the skill to do the knives or the patience to do the jigs, but I sure liked the looks of them. You have have a little artistic talent to do either one and I was left out on that. I think the jigs are for the crappie with the spots on the sides and are sometimes called cutthroat. Tom

Nice knives! Actually I make knives for a living and never even thought of donating one for this raffle. I'll see what I can come up with this week.

I won't be upset if you give away the fancy string cutter that you going to try to find for me on this , it is for the better good :)
I'll be buyin a chance or two for either of the fancy string cutters and one of the saws and flies :)

Latest posts

Back