Hey everyone, this is my introduction post

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyHippo

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Happy Saturday everyone, hope you are all enjoying the day.

I am a new member as of today, although I've been searching for information for a few months now. I am the proud owner of 2 Sachs-Dolmar saws. A 116Super and a 119. I don't have any pictures of them as of yet (they are both under my work bench at work currently in different stages of repair).

I have been trying to find parts for them. So far I've been successful in a few aspects finding some parts on Ebay and Amazon. I am still searching for a few parts though and was hoping to maybe find some here. Most of the posts I've seen and read through are from a couple years back so I'm not so optimistic.

I am going to take pictures when I go back to work on Monday and post them for you all to enjoy

Oh! Also during my many months of searching for information and parts for these saws, I have noticed that the 119 is kind of a Unicorn? I haven't been able to find a true 119 parts schematic, some places I've seen the 119 is in the same "family" as the 115 117 and 120. I have also been told from a guy who was a Husky dealer that there are certain models of Husky that are quite similar to the Sachs Dolmars but I don't know which. Has anyone heard of this?

Happy Saturday everyone, hope you are all enjoying the day.

I am a new member as of today, although I've been searching for information for a few months now. I am the proud owner of 2 Sachs-Dolmar saws. A 116Super and a 119. I don't have any pictures of them as of yet (they are both under my work bench at work currently in different stages of repair).

I have been trying to find parts for them. So far I've been successful in a few aspects finding some parts on Ebay and Amazon. I am still searching for a few parts though and was hoping to maybe find some here. Most of the posts I've seen and read through are from a couple years back so I'm not so optimistic.

I am going to take pictures when I go back to work on Monday and post them for you all to enjoy
Welcome to the site.

Sachs Dolmar is pretty much a unicorn, Makita will be foremost in your searches....
When did the Makita take over? Mid 90's or early 2000's? I should look into that. See what models cross over to my junk

ps. How do I edit my first post to add pictures?

We need you to post some pics of your junk!!

Sachs saws were kind of obscure back in the early 1990s, and I have never seen a cross reference of models. But there are several fans here that should chime in....

I have pictures. I'd like to post them in my first post tho so people aren't digging around trying to find them. I don't know if I can do that from my phone tho, may need to wait until tonight when I get to a laptop

I have pictures. I'd like to post them in my first post tho so people aren't digging around trying to find them. I don't know if I can do that from my phone tho, may need to wait until tonight when I get to a laptop

The longer you wait the deeper they will have to dig.

Just sayin

So what are you actually missing on your saws? I know nothing about the 119, but the 116 is the same as a Makita DCS6000i. I would guess the 119 is pre-Makita takeover.

There's gotta be some people here more knowledgeable than me on these saws. They do have a following.

So what are you actually missing on your saws? I know nothing about the 119, but the 116 is the same as a Makita DCS6000i. I would guess the 119 is pre-Makita takeover.

There's gotta be some people here more knowledgeable than me on these saws. They do have a following.

So far the 119 needs an air filter and another carb. I did get a carb from eBay with some other parts I needed but the butterfly is too small compared to the one I pulled out. It also needs the chain brake assembly

The 116 needs an ignition coil and the chain brake and side cover but I think that's about it until I can get it started again and see what else I need to replace

The Dolmar 116 and 120 series saws should share the same clutch cover/chain brake assembly. Here is an IPL so you can at least get some part numbers.
http://download.dolmar.com/dipls/285.pdf
The brake assembly that I pulled out of the 116 cover is actually the same as what should have been in my 119. The only different is the lever arm. The 116 is straight and the 119 had a couple bends in it. The covers are slightly different. I was hoping to put the lever into the 119 cover because it's not cracked and falling apart but it won't fit because the slot is in a different place

Here is a NOS clutch cover that may fit your saw. The part number he has listed in his ad doesn't seem to be a valid Dolmar part number, but that cover looks like the proper one. It's a lot of money though when you can't be certain. Maybe try putting up a want ad in the classifieds section and see what comes up. Also, it seems like the 112/117/119 seem to be the same family of saws and share many parts with the 120 as well. That's just from a quick google perusal.

Side cover: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DOLMAR...984749&hash=item2852c21a3f:g:iQMAAOSwBgBal43m

Latest posts

Back