Hey Gink!....what'd think!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be hard to name 5

Are there even any new and young guys moving up through the ranks? If not, saw racing has more serious problems than who built what...
The guys on top right now need to encourage growth of the sport...
Food for thought...
:eek:ps:

Saw racing is for you old farts that are too old to race bikes hahahahahhahahaha!

theres a couple of guys getting into it. maybe they will get to be a competitive builder some day

i honestly could say that i cant think of 10 builders known for consistantly building winning 3120 hotsaw and chain combos

It all depends on what you regard as winning, what type of race and where it is. I can think of 10+, who through the years won real races. In the east, over the past ten years, that number is less than five. There are only a couple right now with a couple more coming up.

Of course it all depends on what someone thinks winning is. I think of contests like Webster, Fryeburg, Seneterre and others like that. GTG's and turdlicker (poser) shows don't count. A lot of small contests have been won with a stock saw and a good chain.

Of course it all depends on what someone thinks winning is. I think of contests like Webster, Fryeburg, Seneterre and others like that. GTG's and turdlicker (poser) shows don't count. A lot of small contests have been won with a stock saw and a good chain.

Chain means a lot! No question!!! I wouldn't lump GTG'S and the term "turdlicker" into the same sentence though, or you'll be known as the biggest douchebag on AS... So be careful how you word things...
Just sayin...

he is a douchebag, just sayin

I am not, what I am describing is the difference between bracket racing your mom's olds and running a top fuel car. Maybe turdlicker was a bit strong, but a gutted muffler and massaging the ports does not win a big contest. For example, one time I cut 3.46 seconds on 10X10 pine with my 3120 cold start- I was third! OK, I am a douchebag, thanks Jeff!

I wonder if way back before the Internet, say 30 years ago, if the up and coming saw builders of that era got letters in the mail calling them turdlickers?

Sometimes I hate the Internet.....

I wonder if way back before the Internet, say 30 years ago, if the up and coming saw builders of that era got letters in the mail calling them turdlickers?

Naaa... They just got their porch lights shot out...
:amazed:

Na, it had to be more fun back then- or the sport wouldnt still be around today. Dont get me wrong, I am sure they have been some turd-licker letters have been sent out once or twice haha.

Hay if someone can get
this video off YouTube and
drag it over here it is of my
family some 50 yrs ago.

(lumberjacking in the 60's)

Then you can see what it was
Kinda like. thx

[video=youtube;fpydJiyge54]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpydJiyge54[/video]

[video=youtube;zwzCmbkIw70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwzCmbkIw70[/video]

[video=youtube;DGqoEJoh2p8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGqoEJoh2p8[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.