Hi, meet a female climber

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
female climbers

hi i have a young women who i gave a start in the industry she is a great worker but to be honest not strong enough for the private tree removal buisness,but now she has worked for a few different companys she is making her own way,i think the best tree workers have worked for different companys and are alwaqys willing to learn of whoever,the company i started with nothing against them are stuck in the same ways as they think they know everything someone with little experience might see something i dont got to keep mind open

His shirt is not tucked in and could get caught up in the Munter... also it looks like the biner on his lanyard is a screw gate... though it's togh to tell..
Both are just guesses.... Actually I give up too....

Hi Lauryn,
Nice to see another one is out there! There's not many of us.

Hope to meet you in Pittsburgh this year at the Annual ISA Conference.

Will you be climbing in your Chapter's competition?

Keep the fire in the belly. :)

Cheers,
Treebeach

Aside from what has been mentioned, that pole in the background has wires coming down for underground service which means there are overhead wires and this guy is using a wire core lanyard, BIG NO NO

Also what is that yellow cord on a stick, that looks like some throw line that is wrapped around the pole. I hope there isn't a throw ball on the other end that is hung on the wire, and this guy is planning to climb the pole to get it.

Welcome Treebeach, glad to have ya, this makes two female climbers, that 's great.

Larry

Last edited:
Welcome, Treebeach!

So that makes two? Lauryn? and yourself?

Cool!

dancin.gif

good lord, what a lot of attention a female climber gets all of a sudden. hey lauren, welcome. if i could figure out how to edit my username you'd know i am a female climber as well. and thanks
RB for the mention. my name is kathy holzer, and i've been climbing for 10 yrs or so. just for the record, the biggest tree i've ever pruned was a 175' Doug fir, and the biggest removal i've been the climber on was another doug fir that only got to about 130' before i showed up. i was the climber, it was raining and blowing 30mph and me and three guys on the ground had it down and chipped by lunch. i'm 5'9" 160 and can out-climb most of the guys i know. don't let them get to you lauren, it's all possible if you decide it is.
i just bought the glide and used it for the first time today. verdict isn't in yet - lots of tweaking to do. i climbed for years on a weaver sliding d and actually wore it last week. still the most comfortable ???? saddle of the 5 or 6 i own, but it's HEAVY.

No....TreeGeek (Kathy) made for #2, Welcome Treebeach...three female climbers in this thread!

Treebeach,
Didn't know the ISA conference was in the Burgh...might have to go up for that. When is it exactly? As of now I'm not quite of the caliber climber to be competing with anyone other than myself, but hopefully someday I'll be able to handle that. Definately gonna go check it out though. A few guys from my office are competing, it should be fun.

My mistake too. Sorry about that, I just missed Kathy's post, did some back tracking and found it. A belated welcome Kathy. Thanks Che.

I normally don't say howdy to new comers, let others do that, but they are just guys, though. For members of the opposite sex I'll go a little overboard, it is nice to have females on board. Again welcome, Any more out there feel free to join in, the ice has been broken.

Larry

Looking for VA climber pics

Hello VTClimber and VTMech, I have started a Yahoo group for VA climbers. I am new to climbing and was looking for a Yahoo climbing group for the VA region. There was none, so I started one myself. I don't even know where to begin with climbing but I am hoping other VA climbers can give me some guidance (places to go for instruction, gear, etc). I am looking for pics of climbers from VA (it seems appropriate). Actually I need need one for the VAtreeclimbers home page. Do you have any of you or your fiancee that I could use on the site? Also, I welcome any and all climbers (professional or recreational) to the site. Without experienced climbers, the group really is useless. This is the URL for the group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VAtreeclimbers

Thanks, Roger.

how many of us are there..?

no offense taken gentlemen. there are so few of us it's hard to keep track. :) actually i bet there are more women surfing here than any of us know. i surfed for a long time before opening my big mouth. che, i know, is also a woman who surfs more than posts. guess we're a little shy. or something. i have personally taken half a dozen women climbing in seattle and know of a small handful of others who own gear and climb to some extent. training me up another right now, actually.

anything worth talking about

o.k., so there are females in this world-no kidding! Do you think we can talk about something educational?

ps you get what you pay for :rolleyes:

Lauryn,

When did you learn climbing in college? Did they teach you only the tautline? When did you learn the Blake's?

Weaver makes adequate saddles that meet a reasonable price point. If you want a saddle that performs better, plan on spending some more money. I'm climbing on a Butterfly that is at least three years old and it's still wonderful.

The X-saddle from Fresco is a nice one but would not be a good design for a small body. The next version will be better.

Tom

JPS wrote:

"Gosh darn woodtick's come down from Minnisoda and spike trees and lowball bids!"

You must be talking about the crews from central MN. Or maybe mis ID'ing the cheeseheads :)

Tom

Attn: Lonesome in LA

MB, How about you make another video. It will make you feel more wanted.:confused:

The Trio

Thanks for the welcoming committee. You're a bunch of dedicated posters. Like Kathy, I too have lurked for a long while, but haven't responded.

Lauryn & others, regarding the ITCC in Pittsburgh, it will be on August 7-8th.

Kathy knows this is all too well... she happens to kick arse in the footlock and is an excellent climber. I know from personal experience having the opportunity to climb with her last year (and hope to do again this August) :) . Hint-hint.

Owning your own business has it's advantages when hiring arborists becomes a necessity...

Cheers,

Treebeach

Aka: Big Al

Latest posts

Back