Hi Ranger 5TC sensor and air switches

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul F

Reaction score
I've searched extensively including the manuals for my machine, got as much info as I could from the manufacturer. It is a 1998 Hi Ranger 5TC 55' bucket mounted on a C7500 Topkick. Prior owners bypassed many items and didn't repair much. I'm trying to make it as good and safe as possible. Unfortunately there are so many versions of this equipment that I can't figure out what is unused or necessary.

In the manifold with the solenoid valve to actuate flow of high pressure to the pistons there is a second electrical component, it appears to be a sensor. Black, white, and blue wires, which go nowhere. Manufacturer is guessing a throttle control of some sort. Outputs are labeled common, normally open, normally closed, and has a label which says United Electronics Terex Telelect set @6... Rest of it is inaccessible or illegible.

My unit has high idle control via a relay powered from the air switch in the turret control box. No sign of where this should connect to a cut wire or on the wiring schematic for the unit. It may even be something that wasn't needed but still had to fill a hole in the manifold.

Any ideas you have would be welcome.IMG_4751.jpgIMG_4749.jpg

Just a quick update, figured out that this is a demand throttle switch. So now I'm down to needing to determine the connections to the electrical block at the back of the tower.

Latest posts

Back