Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

High eye pressure

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by PA. Woodsman, Aug 1, 2018.

1. PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman Addicted to ArboristSite

Just wondering if anyone else deals with high eye pressure? Went to the eye doctor for the first time in 6 years, back then eye pressure was 14 in each eye this time 20 in left 26 in right. Everything else looked great and healthy, the optic nerve was fine, no history of glaucoma in the family, wants to see me back in 3 months, wasn't particularly worried but wants to keep monitoring it. I read about a supplement that deals with this that has Bilberry and Pine bark in that got great reviews so I am trying that, also trying to figure out why the levels were up, probably too much time on the computer among other things, so I will ease up on that too.

Just curious if anyone else has to deal with this and how you do it, thanks.

neely likes this.
  2. CentaurG2

CentaurG2 Addicted to ArboristSite

Never even heard of high eye pressure. Six years is a large amount of time. I have my eyes checked once a year as required for contacts but the Doc never tells me the numbers.

neely and PA. Woodsman like this.
  3. PA. Woodsman

Then I assume your pressures are okay. I used to go every year for my contacts too, then the doctor sold the practice and this current outfit was there, I just stopped going which I know isn't good but I do remember the older one either just saying "your pressures are good" or nothing at all and the wife would tell me at home!

neely likes this.
  4. CentaurG2

I have been seeing the same eye doctor since I was 16 years old. At this stage of my life, I usually end up having to get a new prescription every year. I actually have an eye appointment later this month. Since you have me very curious, I will ask him about my numbers over the years.

PA. Woodsman and neely like this.
  5. PA. Woodsman

Good idea! My right contact and glasses prescription actually was reduced, guess it is true your eyesight improves a little with age!

SeMoTony likes this.
  6. PA. Woodsman

It's the fluid pressure behind your eye and if the pressure gets too high it can harm the optic nerve which leads to glaucoma and partial or full blindness and it is PERMANENT blindness......

SeMoTony likes this.
  7. rngrchad

rngrchad Addicted to ArboristSite

Scary stuff I figured it was something like restless leg syndrome. I deleted my post because it was rather uhh immature and ignorant. I see you quoted me and well I hope this eye pressure thing turns out ok for you.

8. PA. Woodsman

It should be alright I hope, but you are right the potential for problems with eye sight is enough to get your attention!

9. grizz55chev

grizz55chev Addicted to ArboristSite

Thank goodness for the delete button! :cool:

stihlaficionado likes this.
  10. KenJax Tree

KenJax Tree Terraphobic

My dad has used eye drops and the laser done to make little holes to relieve the pressure a few times but he is now going blind from it. Its sad to watch

SeMoTony likes this.
  11. PA. Woodsman

I'm very sorry to hear this. Did he have high pressure for most of his life or did it just come on suddenly?

12. CentaurG2

My vision was improving (getting less nearsighted) for the last couple of years but the last time I went in (Aug 2017) both my eyes were back to getting worse but the astigmatism I have had in my left eye, since forever, had vanished!? My optical shop just loves this time of year as I probably make several mortgage payments for them. Take care of your vision. Remember, in the land of the blind, even a one eye man is considered a god.

PA. Woodsman likes this.
  13. KenJax Tree

KenJax Tree Terraphobic

He’s had it most of his life

14. PA. Woodsman

Okay thanks, again it's sad to hear this. I know mine had been low but they said as we age it usually rises, and can fluctuate back and forth. It just caught me a bit off guard to hear it, but we are dealing with it, and they all tell me "I wouldn't worry about it" which of course makes me worry lol!

My best to your dad....

stihlaficionado and KenJax Tree like this.
  15. KenJax Tree

KenJax Tree Terraphobic

Thanks. Same to you.

PA. Woodsman likes this.
  16. Dahmer

Dahmer Addicted to ArboristSite

I developed a form of macular degeneration after my stroke. My eye Dr. and the Retinologist both recommended I take Areds 2, over the counter meds you can buy at Wally World. My eyes have stayed stabile for the last 2 years since I have been taking the Areds 2. Hope this info helps you.

PA. Woodsman likes this.
  17. aokpops

aokpops Addicted to ArboristSite

Had mine check in May . Said I bleak to fast for the test the doc put some eye drops in . Felt like sand in eyes for 2 days . I don't have much control of my life . What I do have .I can produce healing with meditation not many have been train on this . To do it right is learning to be relaxed in very high stress . I do 30 breaths in an out blow out an hold some do push ups . I think of nothing . What I learned ? You don't have to be a victim ! One simple exercise no one is taught . I read about a experiment were everyone stays inside an we treat them drugs . I can see the results

PA. Woodsman likes this.
  18. PA. Woodsman

Thanks for the replies. I have been researching this and it seems like many things can cause an increase in pressure, allergies, stress, eye strain, many other things and also read that Vitamin C and Bilberry and fish oil can decrease it, I already take C and fish oil so I added Bilberry, I tried a product that had Bilberry and Pine tree bark but I itched a bit and felt weird on that so I bought just Bilberry today and seem better with that, so I'll see if they help, and also saw a video of how to press on pressure points around the face and eyes and am doing that, couldn't hurt I guess. And hopefully in October at the recheck the pressure is normal again, we'll see.

Thanks!

19. fubar2

fubar2 Addicted to ArboristSite

26 is getting right up there. I'm surprised they didn't slap a glaucoma sticker on your forehead and give you a bunch of acid mixed with salt to put in your eyes every time you can see more than five feet in front of you.

20. chuckwood

chuckwood Addicted to ArboristSite

google "cannabis and glaucoma" - you'll get lots of hits - that's another effective natural treatment