High Limb Rope Chain Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what application? Do you use it to attach to your saddle. Better than Figure 8?
Do you use yosemite tie off? It does have an attribute of rolling out with repeated loading and unloading.

Actually I do use a bowline on my bridge spacer , cause I am fat lol ! I used a bowline on the bight the other week to help my bucket outta sugar sand , I basically pulled a 31k lb truck with a 1" bull line with my one ton in 4 low on the asphalt , and I broke the knot with my thumb when I was done ! I mean is anything bad that you could even say at that point , it's a great all around knot that is easy to learn easy to tie and barely ever spits out what's its tied too ! It was the first knot I was taught !

Last edited:
Suggestion, if you disagree, express it, if you want to make a point.

That is what I did. I am trying to not be conceived as a Bully. That is why I was nice when I said that thing is a piece of crap. Sometimes I get confused and forget that some need to be hugged and talked to like a first grader.
Jeff :msp_scared:

That is what I did. I am trying to not be conceived as a Bully. That is why I was nice when I said that thing is a piece of crap. Sometimes I get confused and forget that some need to be hugged and talked to like a first grader.

I have never thought of you as a bully , never ever once ! Man does that make me an even bigger #### then you ???? Arggggg

i'm just laughing my ass off reading this seriously this made it on this forum i was ninty feet up on a dead maple today and someone thinks this is worth babbling about wtf
maybe it would be better if i didn't drink a twelve pack tonight

i'm just laughing my ass off reading this seriously this made it on this forum i was ninty feet up on a dead maple today and someone thinks this is worth babbling about wtf
maybe it would be better if i didn't drink a twelve pack tonight

Yeah, make it a six pack of beer and a six pack of common sense.
Jeff

The sales pitch is what sold me! Guys we better keep this on the DOWN LOW or people are not gonna have to call us anymore. everyone gets one of these tree services everywhere will be making major cutbacks.

OVERVIEW
No more balancing acts! No more expensive tree service bills! Just toss this Rope Saw's safety weight over the hard-to-reach branch you want to cut, then pull the 25ft. polypropylene ropes to cut with the two-way action cutting blade. Carbon steel blades can be sharpened. U.S.A

The sales pitch is what sold me! Guys we better keep this on the DOWN LOW or people are not gonna have to call us anymore. everyone gets one of these tree services everywhere will be making major cutbacks.

OVERVIEW
No more balancing acts! No more expensive tree service bills! Just toss this Rope Saw's safety weight over the hard-to-reach branch you want to cut, then pull the 25ft. polypropylene ropes to cut with the two-way action cutting blade. Carbon steel blades can be sharpened. U.S.A

i'm confident my job will still be there tomorrow.

Well, if ya get one of those rope thingy's, then ya otta get a pair of those aeration sandals, then you could prune and aerate at the same time. Try that on for size, I am working my marketing strategerey right now. This is Merica. T Pig care to do my flyer?

Well, if ya get one of those rope thingy's, then ya otta get a pair of those aeration sandals, then you could prune and aerate at the same time. Try that on for size, I am working my marketing strategerey right now. This is Merica. T Pig care to do my flyer?

Don't laugh the aerating Jesus walkers work it's like my lawn was touched by the hands of god when I am done with them!

thought only the cub scouts use those...

You almost have it, it is the Boy Scouts that use them but it is a smaller more compact wire version and it is added to their survival pack. Extreme survivalist and military also carry these. Probably some commando guy right now outside your house cutting away at something. By the way, before you make fun of the Boy Scouts, it was there that I learned to tie the bowline and I use it often climbing and find it one of the best knots out there depending on the situation.

Actually I do use a bowline on my bridge spacer , cause I am fat lol ! I used a bowline on the bight the other week to help my bucket outta sugar sand , I basically pulled a 31k lb truck with a 1" bull line with my one ton in 4 low on the asphalt , and I broke the knot with my thumb when I was done ! I mean is anything bad that you could even say at that point , it's a great all around knot that is easy to learn easy to tie and barely ever spits out what's its tied too ! It was the first knot I was taught !

Just thought I would point out that it is not an approved termination knot for life support. Don't get me wrong I am a super fan of it in all of its forms, Bowline on a bite, Double Bowline, Bowline with Yosemite tie off , Running Bowline, one handed Bowline and the slightly modified Speed Bowline that can be tied holding the rope ends in front of you in less then 2 seconds. But if you use it like you said it is not the required cinching knot to meet ANSI standards. My choice for connection to my carabiner is 1. tight eye splice 2. Anchor knot or double fisherman's knot depending on which way I want the rope to exit.
I almost used it the other day with my Bobcat to pull this guys 4WD 1 ton out of the Georgia mud but opted for a 5/8 " chain instead. Those bull lines can stretch a bit too much and when they break put a nasty dent in that pretty truck.

It was the second knot I learned after tying my shoes, I bet you had some fancy slip-ons didn't you. Darn, I would have been so jealous, damn rich kids!

Wasn't gonna read through the 4 pages of this and I haven't been around in a while BUT... One of those ropey chainy thingys.. on the comercial forum.. really?? Does it come with instructions on which way to jump out of the way after the ugly tear is made??

Actually you said it was a joke and then requested that stupid crap not be posted here. I assume by your original evaluation you have experience with these, funny thing is, I did not, thus I started the thread seeking knowledge from those with experience. Thank you. (I'm giving you a hard time, but I see that you really do have a lot of experience and I respect that.)
Furthermore, it was pretty well determined after only the second response that these things are not of much use to those that already have access to the tree's canopy. I bought one and tried several methods to confirm its use.
So let me be perfectly clear, in my opinion for me it is not worth 16 bucks or the space and effort to carry 4 ounces into the tree. and now from the help of your experience, I know this to be the fact.
But I must disagree as to the posting of the discussion on this forum, it is totally worth it right up to the second response, after that it has just been down right fun at the playground.
Really, it was the first two responses that answered the question, then we have had about 60 talking about the thought that we should not be talking about it. NOW THAT THERE IS FUNNY!
So come on, how about that hug now.

Actually you said it was a joke and then requested that stupid crap not be posted here. I assume by your original evaluation you have experience with these, funny thing is, I did not, thus I started the thread seeking knowledge from those with experience. Thank you. (I'm giving you a hard time, but I see that you really do have a lot of experience and I respect that.)
Furthermore, it was pretty well determined after only the second response that these things are not of much use to those that already have access to the tree's canopy. I bought one and tried several methods to confirm its use.
So let me be perfectly clear, in my opinion for me it is not worth 16 bucks or the space and effort to carry 4 ounces into the tree. and now from the help of your experience, I know this to be the fact.
But I must disagree as to the posting of the discussion on this forum, it is totally worth it right up to the second response, after that it has just been down right fun at the playground.
Really, it was the first two responses that answered the question, then we have had about 60 talking about the thought that we should not be talking about it. NOW THAT THERE IS FUNNY!
So come on, how about that hug now.

Arg! Have a beer and forget about it!
Jeff :cheers:

Latest posts

Back