high speed or hydro feed chippers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Firewood

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
changing teeth on the firewood processor in Toledo
Hello,
This next season i plan on going full time with my lot clearing buisness and was wondering if anybody had recomendations on brush chippers, i need something that will take 8"-10", and i know that wood that size is pushing it for the high speed, any suggestions?

thanks in advance
Nate

Mr. Firewood,
The first thing I would look at are you chipping the 8" to 10" logs all day? If you are I would upgrade to at least a 12" or you are gonna wear the machine out. The part about the high speed, I wouldn't really get to concerned about. The Brush Bandits and Morbarks are about 90 feet a minute and the Vermeers are about 120 feet a minute. The problem with having a machine that infeeds too fast is that it bogs down more. Its putting in too much log at a time. Vermeer also has a variable speed model. It doesnt work well because they lower the pressure of the hydros and lower your power. The other thing is, are you loading the machine by hand or with a skid? The pan on a morbark is lower so if you are having to lift it you dont have to lift as far. The pan is made of half inch plate steel. Vermeer you have a flimsy lift gate. Morbarks disk is also at least a quarter inch thicker that any models of Brush Bandits or Vermeers. What I'm getting at is that the morbark is the best machine out there. I can prove it with specs and performance. I would check out morbarks website at http://www.morbark.com. If you have anymore questions I will be glad to help you decide on which chipper will fit your need the best.

Latest posts

Back