High volume injection equipment..????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeJunkie

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have tips on building there own high volume injection kit? How large of a pump do i need? What pressure is recommended? I've figured out the injection t's and hosing but need help w/ the finishing touches.....Anyone do this before?

High volume? Do you mean macro infusion via trunk injection? Or soil injection?

TJ,

I have some experience at this macro injecton via the main stem, injecting Amer. elms against DED.

The system I bought was basically a stainless steel hand pump type sprayer with a regulator valve to contol the pressure. I can take a pic for you and try to dig up the manufacturer, but it will take me some time to dig up the info. I know I didn't throw out the information that came with it.

If memory serves me right, the system I have only requires about 10 to 15 lbs pressure, you don't want to much pressure. With too much pressure you could blow out the bark or damage the vascular system in a tree or pop those tees out.

Anyway, just from my experience, you can't force feed a tree if conditions are not right. Timing is everything, in a nutshell, early morning just before sunrise or shortly after is the time to start the injection. For the injection to work there must be ample soil moisture, a forecast for a sunny day, with low humidity conditions, light beeze, I always had the best luck with a north or north east breeze. Time of year is also important, I never did a tree in late spring, but June, July, August for the most part are lousy months, I had good luck mid September to mid October.

FYI, I know this is a off the wall big time, but I have taken a five gallon pail, put a gate valve in the bottom of it, no leaks of course, hung it on the tree with the chemicals mixed, connected the hoses and tees and let the tree and gravity do its thing. If the patient is willing it does work.

Larry

Last edited:
Why don't you just buy a pump from Rainbow SciVance? You can buy the whole kit: tubing, Injection Tees, connector Tees, pump and pressure gauge; or you can just buy the pump (they have both 12 volt DC and 110 volt AC models). We have at least 8 of their pumps, most are 5+ years old. You can gravity inject elms but you don't get enough solution into the tree for a 3X application. You need to pressure inject for 3X.

i would just thought i could build the same system for about 1/4 of the cost of their ridiculously priced system. Hell h.d. sells the same pumps, just haven't figured which one to buy yet.

Same kind of deal as if i was building my own air spade. why pay for the name brand if you don't have to.

i would just thought i could build the same system for about 1/4 of the cost of their ridiculously priced system. Hell h.d. sells the same pumps, just haven't figured which one to buy yet.

Same kind of deal as if i was building my own air spade. why pay for the name brand if you don't have to.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i do tree injections all the time. We use Cartridges that are sucked up by the trees natrual up take, and we use the Arborjet that uses pressure to inject the Solution into the tree. On the the arborjet you have to drill and inplant a seal before injecting. Otherwise it would blow out from the injecting site.

Back