ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Highway through Hell

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Highway through Hell, is a Weather Channel Reality TV show, that my Wife and I watch a lot.

I have been working in Medford, Oregon, about 6 hours from home, quite a bit since August, I am a truck driver, and we have 2 different accounts in Medford, that I help out with.
Today the Wife was riding with me, and I was flying along in the left lane South of Roseburg, when I noticed a Red 3 axle Class 8 wrecker ahead, and the Wife said that looks like a Jamie Davis truck up ahead, now I wasn’t expecting that because Highway through Hell is filmed in Canada, with Jamie Davis out of Hope, B.C.

Dayumed if it wasn’t one of Jamie’s trucks!!!!, I couldn’t slow down without getting rear ended, so I went on by, and took the next exit, until he went by, then caught and paced him and the Wife shot some pics and video.
After we passed him, my Wife was looking at the video and blew up the shot, and it was Jamie himself driving, so we did another pull over/catch up and waved and pointed over, a couple miles down the road he gave a quick turn signal, and then pulled into the 7 Feathers Truck Plaza in Canyonville

I am Happy to say that Jamie is just as Friendly in person as he seems to be on the show. He had mechanic Brian with him, they were headed to California, Santa Barbra IIRC, so Jamie could pick up a used Rotator from a Fire Dept there, then Brian was taking HR 130 to Sparks, NV for a tow job.

They stopped and BS’ed with us for about 20 minutes, and said that we aren’t the only ones to have waved them down.

HTH, is one of our Favorite shows, my Wife always comments “There’s my Man”, I always thought she was kidding, now I’m not so sure (GRIN)

Anyhow, that was a totally unexpected bonus to this trip, and fortunately it was this week, while the Wife was with me

6FA59D2E-66EA-452E-A89B-29BA77907387.jpeg 3C839F7F-FC44-47F2-9076-CF341908FA09.jpeg
Doug

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
I see you have been to Dur Bavarian Willage of 11worth.

Slowp, if this is meant for me, yep we have been to Wenatchee and Leavenworth MANY times. I don’t know for sure yet, but I might be working out of Wenatchee next week

I work out of town a LOT, and earn a lot of Hotel points, Leavenworth is a Favorite of my Wife’s. There aren’t any of the hotels that I stay at in 11worth, but it is only 20 minutes to Wenatchee, where I have a several options.

New Year’s is a tradition for us, I will often take the week between Christmas and New Years for Vacation, and often spend 3-5 nights in Wenatchee depending on how the New Years Holiday lands. The Sleigh Ride, or Snowmobile rentals at Mountain Springs Lodge are a given

How close are you to Wenatchee/Leavenworth?

Doug

BC WetCoast

BC WetCoast

Addicted to ArboristSite
Have travelled the Coq many times. Have seen Al Quirling up there never Jamie.

The road is real, the accidents are real, the drama isnt real. The rcmp has no problem closing the road for hours, due to accident clean up or investigation.
Mike Hall, the slope blaster with the dreads, has another show, Rust Valley Restorers, filmed in Salmon Arm about 3 hrs drive and 2 ecosystems east of the Coq.

slowp

Tree Freak
Slowp, if this is meant for me, yep we have been to Wenatchee and Leavenworth MANY times. I don’t know for sure yet, but I might be working out of Wenatchee next week

I work out of town a LOT, and earn a lot of Hotel points, Leavenworth is a Favorite of my Wife’s. There aren’t any of the hotels that I stay at in 11worth, but it is only 20 minutes to Wenatchee, where I have a several options.

New Year’s is a tradition for us, I will often take the week between Christmas and New Years for Vacation, and often spend 3-5 nights in Wenatchee depending on how the New Years Holiday lands. The Sleigh Ride, or Snowmobile rentals at Mountain Springs Lodge are a given

How close are you to Wenatchee/Lea

How close are you to Wenatchee/Leavenworth?

Doug
I grew up in East Wenatchee. I can't afford the quality of life that I want there now, so live a couple hours away--north. The E. Wenatchee Costco is located on a place where we lived for a year, renting, and my folks thought about buying it, but decided the price was too high and the house foundation bad. I see the view that I saw from my bedroom window when I fill up with gas there. Have seen Wenatchee tear out massive amounts of orchards for housing. I don't think it is the Apple Capital of the World anymore. It does have a nice bike path.

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hi SlowP, it won’t be next week after all, maybe middle of March.

Are You up near Omak, or further North?

I delivered to the Burger King in North Omak for years during my food service delivery days, I laud over at the motel, that had the indoor pool, I guess that burned quite a few years ago. I still deliver to the Spectrum Cable tech center there in Omak, when I work out of Wenatchee. Maybe we will cross paths up there sometime

Doug