History of Bow Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pouland 3700 Bow saw
cut344.jpg

cut343.jpg

Two questions, is that one of those bars you can buy on auction right now? And does that 3700 do a good job with that bar?
Thanks....

Pouland 3700 Bow saw

Two questions, is that one of those bars you can buy on auction right now? And does that 3700 do a good job with that bar?
Thanks....

I have not used the 3700 yet. My 3400 does real well with the bow.
Theres a guy on Ebay that sells new bars.
Just Email the guy and tell him what your looking for.
Some times good used ones come up for sale also.

Of course I am partial to McCulloch's, and I really loved the 1-80 with the bow, the Super 55A is probably very close to the 1-80 in performance.

I have a 55 off e-bay that clearly has been used a lot, still had 175 PSI or better compression when I tested it. It is definitely a runner.

Keep up the great work Cliff.

Mark

Bow Saws

Really have to ask you fellas are those saws not prone to serious kickback?I see on some of the bow bars they have a guard on top of the bow,is that for safety ie.if the saw comes back at you it prevents the chain from getting you?
Lawrence

You guys have amazing collections of bow saws here if anyone here is interested in bow bars i build these i only build up to a 24" bar for bow though if u wanted bigger i could special order the steel

I would be interested in a few 24 inch depending on cost.

had to see what all the fuss was about...

made my first cuts ever with the bow today.

grabbbed the bar off the wall and found a sharp chain with the right dl count and had some fun.

WHOO HOO. found some peeker poles behind the big logs and it was kinda fun :D

CIMG0340.jpg

CIMG0343.jpg

CIMG0341.jpg

Back