History of Bow Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are some wicked awesome looking saws. Look alot meaner than todays saws. Reminds me of the shark face painted on the front of old fighter planes.

Thank you!

Ya just made me a little less ignorant, and at my level, every little bit less helps! LOL!!

Wonderfull bit of history that thanks to good folks like you, ain't gonna die.:cheers:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Thanks Mr Bow Saw. That was very good reading. I was just looking on here for information on a old bow saw. I had one given to me that I am going to try and get running.

kyboy

Thanks for the history. First ones I seen in person I didnt get to talk to the guy about them. But now I know.

BTW Mr Bow Saw, gonna stick that blower on a saw? :dizzy:

Thanks for the history. First ones I seen in person I didnt get to talk to the guy about them. But now I know.

BTW Mr Bow Saw, gonna stick that blower on a saw? :dizzy:

HaHaHa yeah sure right get on it tomorrow:hmm3grin2orange:

Heres my Mall 1MG
cut62.jpg

cut64.jpg

Mr Bow Saw, you have a awesome lookin collection of saws.

Hehe, a blown small block V8 ? But who is gonna carry it? Ported, polished, runnin on alky, I think that would classify it has a modified race saw. You could be a champion

This thread has the distinction of being the first from this site I've added to my favorites. (With google able to snatch up most anything I want, my faves folder is pretty lean. But I didn't want this one to slip off into the cyberspere on me).

This thread has the distinction of being the first from this site I've added to my favorites. (With google able to snatch up most anything I want, my faves folder is pretty lean. But I didn't want this one to slip off into the cyberspere on me).

I agree, excellent. I have never seen a bowsaw, heard the word, but wow. Freaky looking beasts, thanks a lot for this.

Here's a small vid of my 35A with bow, in fact the only bow saw in my collection. You will notice that the lid on the points section is removed. Somehow the saw will not run with the lid installed...it really drove me nuts and took me quite a while to find the cause...

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to post this up Cliff .:yourock: I figured that was you behind that avator. You must have the biggest collection of bow saws around.

I am not much on old saws anymore but if one comes along with a bow on it I grab it .

Bow saws are fun to collect and play around with when cutting wood.

Larry

Mr Bow Saw

Your saws are in great shape!How many do you have at present? I am partial to Pioneer saw's so I would have to agree with Belgian ,very nice!Do you have anymore Pioneers with a bow bar on them?
Lawrence

Back