Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
Reaction score
I bought. I own the 14" bar. I thought the quailty was similar to my stens bar which I like. The chain others have said was good and i have not used one yet. I pointed it out because I thought it was a good buy. It might be only be for those that don't require a well known name on the bar and chain. If it's worthless I lost 40 if it's good I got 3 chains and a new bar.

I see, 1 bar and 3 chains for $20, and $20 shipping.
So if you got 2 bars and 6 chains, would they give you any break on shipping, or would the shipping be $40?

I took out 2 chains so only 1 chain 1 bar was in cart it was 24.21 added 2 chains 39.71 so 2 more chains cost 15.59 or 7.75 each shipped.

Still cheap like borscht... I've been waiting for Huztl to list them, Arbourtec's prices and shipping are considerably higher.
I've probably put 2 tanks through my ms250 with the 14" setup and have no complaints yet.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I see, 1 bar and 3 chains for $20, and $20 shipping.
So if you got 2 bars and 6 chains, would they give you any break on shipping, or would the shipping be $40?

i went back and looked because i am a tightwad. so the base of one chain and one bar 24.21 and adding 5 more chains for a total of 73.29 making those chains now 9.81 each shipped.

you have to play with the order to find the sweet spot on shipping. the chains were 7.75 when you added two. the way international air works from me playing with two carts whittling down my costs by trail and error its by the pound not by what you buy unless its got free shipping. $7-9 each is about the cost of retail sharpening per chain around here, which you likely do yourself, but still, your times worth something. i try not to fret over shipping until i aint saving no money. just means i never sit down and just buy, gotta play the ship me cheaper game. they need more chain sizes and longer bars now.

1. I purchased a 14" 50DL Stihl " rip off PS3 arrived some2/3 weeks ago Total cost $7.38 with post to France so far cut around one & a half cubic metres of seasoned oak around 8" to 10" dia after initial stretch it's been much as premier kit 1 touch up with file & still good. As I can buy 2 & a bit of these chains for the same money as a Stihl PS3 so far it's a reasonable choice.

I had a 14" bar and I just now got the chain for it. I sent both to a buddy who has the resources to compare them to Stihl and Oregon and he is objective with no bias. I went to that trouble out of curiosity plain and simple. I got a replacement 16" bar and a couple chains for my 029. They arrived the day the long bars went on sale. I like them both. I want to hear what he thinks. I will share if he does not.

When these bars became available I had a minor rant about the freight and huztl fixed it, at least slightly, so I had a go. I only have two so far, both 25 inch. One has been used on an 056 magnum that I'm very careful with, because I don't want to hurt it, and one that started life on my 048 and is now on my working again farmertec ms440. The reason I'm posting is to ask how other people are finding them....?
I've tried various chains from Stihl and Oregon to Carleton and farmertec and I think the slot gap is too big. Has anybody else found this and has anybody tried tightening the bar up?
They also feel very flexible compared to an Oregon bar but I'm not really sure if that's much of a problem.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

I bought two of the 28 inch bars for cutting the stumps off as close to the ground as I can. No sense in destroying a expensive one.

I wonder if the smaller bars are even worth it. Then I ask myself why the small stihl bars cost so darn much.

One has been used on an 056 magnum that I'm very careful with, because I don't want to hurt it,

Now that's funny. I love my saws too!

Just checked mine no issue here. I have been pleased with both bar and chain and another guy just posted he was satisfied with the chain and liked bar. I don't have a 25 so that might not be helpful

I been thinking, you sure you are using the right size chain? I am sure you are, just a thought
Yeah I used the supplied chain at first and found it to be sharp and hard, and it only stretched the first time and settled down well, but it cut curves...operator error, you say, but it was sharp and not forced so I thought maybe the wrong chain for the bar.That's why I've tried the others, unless you lean on the bar it cuts curves often, and either direction, I'm thinking because of the loose slot. Only very very worn and undressed bars have done this with me previously.
It's not unmanageable, the bar doesn't jamb or anything, it's just me being fussy. I might try tightening one of them or just run them.
I will say the coating is tough they still look great. And I haven't tried a smaller one, this might be size specific

If the same Chinese company makes
The huztl chain as does the upstart chain.
I will buy it.
i bought 9 chains for me 3 for my friend he wants 6 more now lol.
I'm still on my first one after many hours of cutting dead ash mainly.
1 initial stretch after adjustment no problems it really wakes up after a couple of sharpenings.
3/8 .50 full chisel it sucks they only offer up to 20 inch loops they have echo dl loops too.
i'm going to email about bigger loops.
I have had good luck with the china bars I've used but they are .58 when the chains are done i wont buy .58 gauge I've got everything set up for .50 i will never know why the chinese are so gung ho about .58 there was a time that's all i could find from them. 1497817723851837582129.jpg 1497817777673-1634728333.jpg

Yes I've found the chain to be very good. I did buy a cheep chain locally and it stretched every time I used it until I was just afraid to use it anymore. Only been sharpened four times. But most of the Chinese chains have been great. I bought a genuine Stihl chain for my husky (weird but true) and it must have missed the hardening process cause it would not hold any sharpen. They did replace it free but I started trying new things after that.

Yes I've found the chain to be very good. I did buy a cheep chain locally and it stretched every time I used it until I was just afraid to use it anymore. Only been sharpened four times. But most of the Chinese chains have been great. I bought a genuine Stihl chain for my husky (weird but true) and it must have missed the hardening process cause it would not hold any sharpen. They did replace it free but I started trying new things after that.

Same here I've bought some bad chain's in 30+ years of cutting.
It happens with any mass produced products.
A few years ago i got a Chinese chain that was as soft as aluminum lol
But everything I've bought recently has impressed me.
And there is more branded "store front's " carrying them so that will help with quality too when you can speak to a distributor.

Back