Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I have noticed is that the chains are getting better but the files are getting worse..... what brand of files are worth buying?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk
I use echo branded made in germany files dont know the maker.
Pferd husky and stihl still does the job.
A good raker file is hard to find
The husky branded ones dull quickly for me.

I just received two chains; a .325 .063 18" 74 drive links and a .325 .063 16" 67 drive links. I haven't used them yet but the 16" chain looks to be superior, definately different manufactures. Metalurgy is unknown but the side to side play is over twice as much on the 18" chain. The 18" is marked with "xangxtx" and is semi-chisel with no anti-kickback features. The 16" is unmarked, full chisel, safety chain. Neither is super sharp but will likely cut ok without any touch-up. Only time will tell how they perform...

I use echo branded made in germany files dont know the maker.
Pferd husky and stihl still does the job.
A good raker file is hard to find
The husky branded ones dull quickly for me.
The last batch of Echo branded files I had dealings with were of Vallorbe manufacture VG quality At the moment I find Vallorbe, Bahrco , & Sandvik; Files the best bang for your buck. Save Edge are not easily available in my part of the world ; the couple I had a while back were VG.Sandvik make a good flat file.

They have changed and are printing by farmertec on the bars instead of working man. thanks farmertec, great.

international shipping is a treat. i am waiting on some parts to complete a ms660 around a complete engine i have. so was looking for a bar. i see they have .63 36" bar. so i am a little shocked with the shipping showed. just planning the purchase.

so i spent 45 minutes figuring that buying the bar separate and the 3 chain loops separate i saved 27-29$ in shipping over just putting them all in the cart. both sets the product cost was more than shipping and thats the kinda of balance i seek. i know i have done good when it works out like that. i guess could have thrown in some more stuff before it rose. but i was not looking for that.

its a good looking bar been a month or two before all the parts tricke in

No 3/8 .063 chain at farmertec any more.....anybody know why? It's on almost every saw I have and I've found it great.

They maybe are out of stock, got a big order that wiped the line. Gotta be
Something like that surely. Message them on Huztl

No 3/8 .063 chain at farmertec any more.....anybody know why? It's on almost every saw I have and I've found it great.

i was on site and took a quick peak they still have at least one on there now.
.63.JPG

Sorry,I meant in the 25' boxes.

So I ordered a new 24" bar from huztl, just to see what was what, and it looks much better, very tight in the groove and accurate looking compared to the others I got earlier. I hope the coating is still as tough.
It's going on a 272 as soon as I finish rebuilding it.

If the same Chinese company makes
The huztl chain as does the upstart chain.
I will buy it.
i bought 9 chains for me 3 for my friend he wants 6 more now lol.
I'm still on my first one after many hours of cutting dead ash mainly.
1 initial stretch after adjustment no problems it really wakes up after a couple of sharpenings.
3/8 .50 full chisel it sucks they only offer up to 20 inch loops they have echo dl loops too.
i'm going to email about bigger loops.
I have had good luck with the china bars I've used but they are .58 when the chains are done i wont buy .58 gauge I've got everything set up for .50 i will never know why the chinese are so gung ho about .58 there was a time that's all i could find from them. View attachment 585720 View attachment 585721
That Hnsavrqua saw has the biggest starter handle I have ever seen

That Hnsavrqua saw has the biggest starter handle I have ever seen

I just put one of those on my MS660 Clone. I am very happy with it. I will most likely add one to my SuperXl925 and the 070clone I'm building now.

I just put one of those on my MS660 Clone. I am very happy with it. I will most likely add one to my SuperXl925 and the 070clone I'm building now.
I just got the 660 clone yesterday (blue, not kit). I thought I'd be tossing the bar and chain for the Stihl roller, which I see on Ebay for $99, bar and chain. Been working 16 hour shifts, so couldn't put it together yet. Tomorrow is the big day. Glad I can at least cut with the Holzfforma bar and chain. I thought the saw would be more lossey goosey. Feels a'ight.

I just got the 660 clone yesterday (blue, not kit). I thought I'd be tossing the bar and chain for the Stihl roller, which I see on Ebay for $99, bar and chain. Been working 16 hour shifts, so couldn't put it together yet. Tomorrow is the big day. Glad I can at least cut with the Holzfforma bar and chain. I thought the saw would be more lossey goosey. Feels a'ight.
How well is your 660 clone and Holzfforma bar and chain working?

Latest posts

Back