Holzfforma G666 & G372?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firewood Bandit

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I noticed an advertisement for a Holzfforma G666 and a G372 chainsaws on the Huztl website. My guess is that the G666 & G372 might be assembled saws similar to the companies 070 offering.

What do you make of this? I assume the “G372” is a husky 372 copy?
What about the “G666”?

Looks like the G372 is actually a 365 copy, advertised as only 65cc.
But for only $233 shipped, it is only a couple $$ more expensive than buying a disassembled kit.

In Canadian dollars regular price works out to $325 for the parts kit (including $109 for shipping) and $354 for the complete saw shipped for the husky 365. I really enjoy building the parts kits and subbing some OEM parts into the mix as I put things together. That said with the sales that occur frequently the complete saw could be an attractive alternative. I wonder what the 1 year warranty on the complete saw is good for? Probably not much.

I was waiting to see these saws prices, not too bad in my humble opinion. But the 40% off on the assembled 070 sounded so good I bought one. The 666 comes with the wrap handle bar which is a nice plus, to bad they did not use the big bore P&C.

A little disappointed they're 372 is really only a 365, the P&C can always be upgraded though. :)

I have been watching this I kinda want a big saw for the two times a year I cut a 4 or five foot log. Which is better the 666 or the 070?

In my opinion the 92cc 666 is a better firewood saw. it's lighter and has higher rpms, The 070 is good for milling because it has high torque. The 070 (105cc) can have a 090 P&C mounted to it for a 150cc saw.

I was waiting to see these saws prices, not too bad in my humble opinion. But the 40% off on the assembled 070 sounded so good I bought one. The 666 comes with the wrap handle bar which is a nice plus, to bad they did not use the big bore P&C.

A little disappointed they're 372 is really only a 365, the P&C can always be upgraded though. :)
It's odd they are not 372s
a huztl short block i bought had a 372 big bore and a couple of my friends
Built huztl kits
That came with 372 50mm cylinders

I bought the g666. I was thinking screw it because I always have to rebuild my stihl so its a question of when not if it gets taken apart, and has a 1 year warranty. Oem stihl parts are available for an upgrade path which is cool. I fired it up but have not even run a tank yet. I bought a couple of their biggest bars and chains figuring they would be soft or something but would do for homeowner duty until I got around to something stiffer. The chains look good though. I hope the top end alignment is good enough to keep weird pressures off the shaft bearings. It feels pretty smooth but it will get dirty tomorrow so we will see.

In Canadian dollars regular price works out to $325 for the parts kit (including $109 for shipping) and $354 for the complete saw shipped for the husky 365. I really enjoy building the parts kits and subbing some OEM parts into the mix as I put things together. That said with the sales that occur frequently the complete saw could be an attractive alternative. I wonder what the 1 year warranty on the complete saw is good for? Probably not much.

Really interested in getting the husky 365 assembled and the free shipping is really attractive.
When they delivered parts kits or complete saws what was the border duty situation? Did you get charged duty?

Oooo..I used a pile of pine to softly get it hot but not hammer on it. Sort of a curing in run because I have no expectations of quality and dont really know what else to do with it except run it up gently. I do appreciate the weight when the "BAR" is fully sunk into wood. It has a nice tone when cutting above 12k rpm. Pine did not load the motor. I had run the carb settings back and then reset 1 turn because wherever it came from may not have air as dense as we have here in Bama. Suprisingly it was a lucky setting, but I won't even set the machines around here for winter for a while because it is late Sept and we are still 90+f. Did not find a lot of oil on the chain up top but it is showing on the bottom. She is a overnight leaker too but not bad. I hope it gets worse. IMG_20180917_125314.jpg

Thats better..
IMG_20180917_132724.jpg

I am interested in this saw. Perhaps it will hold up to my use. Toward that end I sprayed the bar and chain with machine gun oil and also put some in the gas and the oiler tank. I doubt the bearings are a quality I would normally expect, but some clp (breakfree) is not gonna hurt a break in period or the lifespan of ****** bearings.

Latest posts

Back