Holzfforma G666 & G372?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see you list some hutzl saws on your sig line. Did you kit build them? How are they doing?
The saws listed were all kit built, so far they seem to be great at cutting, very impressed with the Huztl ms660 and the 372 clones. The 070 / 090 was missing an important washer for the governor, a 20 cent part at the local hardware. Fixed that, now I want the 090 six shoe clutch, always wanting more, lol's.
We also bought a pre-built 070, it is running good right out of the box. I do wonder, if Huztl builders clean up the cylinders before assembling?

The saws listed were all kit built, so far they seem to be great at cutting, very impressed with the Huztl ms660 and the 372 clones. The 070 / 090 was missing an important washer for the governor, a 20 cent part at the local hardware. Fixed that, now I want the 090 six shoe clutch, always wanting more, lol's.
We also bought a pre-built 070, it is running good right out of the box. I do wonder, if Huztl builders clean up the cylinders before assembling?
I doubt they are blueprinted. But really the percentage increases re working loads re performance are lost on me at a point where the machine life suffers, given that durability is still suspect on that lineup. Ya fun but I have enough to do without another teardown.

I doubt they are blueprinted. But really the percentage increases re working loads re performance are lost on me at a point where the machine life suffers, given that durability is still suspect on that lineup. Ya fun but I have enough to do without another teardown.

Out of the kits we've done, I've found only one cylinder that did not need a little clean up, a ms250 kit. One of the other kits had a bad port with some really sharp rough edges, it took quite a lot of sanding with 400 grit to round edges, to get a wee bit of bevel and smooth off some bumps that hung down from the top of the port. I would not have wanted to run it the way it came out of the box. I bought a couple new dremels after doing that cylinder.

Oil flow would be my main concern. I remember a variety of high test auto motors that once the oil flow ports were cleaned up made fine racing engines, but for an untouched daily driver were a fail.

I'm seriously thinking about grabbing the 070 and putting a 090 jug on it. I need a big cc saw to fill (well, don't really need) and planned on playing with it anyway.

You better build it. It does not seem like a 29 percent increase but divide the smaller number into the larger and then think about some asian guy trying to get away with the minimum strength of lower end necessary to handle the 070.

You better build it. It does not seem like a 29 percent increase but divide the smaller number into the larger and then think about some asian guy trying to get away with the minimum strength of lower end necessary to handle the 070.
The thought has crossed my mind. Though I doubt they are using a crank specific to this saw. I'm pretty sure they were already selling a crank part to cover both 070 and 090 saws. Also, I think (not positive) the crank in my 288xp is from them, because I couldn't find a Husky crank when I had it apart. I've got a gasket delete, longer decomp to further take up combustion space, corrected ports, 75% larger muffler port and mods to in intake manifold. That thing screams and the crank is still living after much use.

My compliments on your obvious engineering skills. I am the guy that misses something and turns motor internals into glitter. I always use a spark arrestor for that risk.

Well the G666 has ZERO anti vibration like the ms660. The handle is directly connected to the case. Not the same case as the MS660, though they say parts will fit.

Started using Husky 25 years ago switched to Stihl (easier to get parts when working out and about) - have been happy with Stihl for the last 15-18 years I am not gonna substitute a cheap china made saws on my jobsite just to work out the bugs for their poor quality............ The throw away mentality that has taken the market place for the last several decades- refuses to see the value in buying something once and maintaining a quality item- hopefully that will change !

If you are doing real work no one has time for this non sense.

Furniture industry same way run to Ikea and get some particle board furniture to disenagrate over the first move or two...... Hardwood furniture will last for lifetimes if taken care of properly!!!!

Their ad's for this saw are misleading with the whole 3rd generation bit and then come to find out company is Chinese not even gonna take the time to try and find out the history of Holzfforma

Back