Holzfforma g880 First Impression

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man
You can type.
Stihl always said no box store sales
Welp locally they screwed over
My friends 40+ year stihl gold business
By doing what they promised they never would.
Now bridgeport equipment and rural king sell saws they don't service.
The rural king nearest to me has just about every product Stihl makes. There is only one Stihl dealer in my general area that even sells pro saws and they only had the 261 and 362. Last time I was at rural king, they had 261, 362, 462, 661 and 881.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

We have a good Stihl dealer here....and they bought out the Husqvarna franchise a bunch of years back. Guess Stihl tried to hard ball them and they kept the Husqvarna brand. Lost their "status" and TWO more dealers appeared in the same town. So now we have three. But the original one is by far the best and most knowledgeable. The parts guy is key.

So now we can get back to the subject at hand. I ordered a Stihl brand 3002 000 9753 bar for it, the retail price is like $101 dollars. With their really rugged sprockets, that's the best deal out there I think. Opinions??

We have a good Stihl dealer here....and they bought out the Husqvarna franchise a bunch of years back. Guess Stihl tried to hard ball them and they kept the Husqvarna brand. Lost their "status" and TWO more dealers appeared in the same town. So now we have three. But the original one is by far the best and most knowledgeable. The parts guy is key.
As my dad put it, "One place is a dealership that orders parts and sells saws, the other is a shop that works on saws and orders parts for them." I prefer the second because those guys actually know what they're talking about.

I love how rustled Stihl fanboys get over these saws, whats even more amusing is there isn't a darn thing their touched feelings can do to stop these saws from existing...and the market is growing.

Look 15 years ago, Chinese honda clones were of middling quality, and briggs, Honda, kohler, tecumseh, kawasaki, all slept on them...gave them not a second thought because they were all doing well, alp had big contracts and a stack of money...we as consumers were stuck buying 1 of the 4 options.

Now, 15 years later, tecumseh is long gone, having been merged into LCT of China, Kohler has Chinese engines, some of which are little more than honda clones themselves (ch270). Briggs has filed bankruptcy, and many of their engines, most..are made in China or at least the parts are..the vanguard commercial line built by Daihatsu is long gone. Looking at log splitters, power washers, push mowers, some riders (powermore and toro commercial engines), all coming factory with chinese engines...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

And this is what it comes down to at the end of the day, people want to pay less for stuff, they dont want to pay more than they have to, to accomplish their task. Briggs had their 3.5hp push mower engine, made good power, reliable, simple carb...run forever. You could get a basic push mower for $99.99 and have it last 3 or so years. Briggs sold engines...

Epa said...no more flatheads, so briggs made their 550 series ohv push mower engines, junk carb, junk auto choke, junk air filter, leaks oil..and now a basic Briggs push mower with a tiny 125cc 3hp engine, no adjustable height, just a discharge chute..is 170. Or for 170 you can get another brand, 150cc engine with 4.5hp, adjustable wheels, or for a few more dollars a mower with a bagger and a larger engine. A mower with a bagger ans briggs engine and adjustable height is another 80+ dollars.

What you think sells more in the cheap push mower category?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

20210508_062201.jpg
2 25" bars , the difference is pretty apparent side by side.20210508_062238.jpg
The old Sandvik next to this will also fit the 14mm bars studs but has a shorter slot.16204696681538947923379591889775.jpgthis is a 3003 mount i "modified with a file ,and it works good but its a little bit smaller tail.16204697852951448527120536886340.jpg
I got this one from Amazon super cheap.
Anyway sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

I'm betting the chainsaw mill guy's will run these
That'll show any issues
I wouldn't expect much
The 880s I've seen are low use
Around here.
Usually ride in service trucks just in case they're needed.

I expect to see bark box ads on all the forums and the Facebook for these.

View attachment 905685
2 25" bars , the difference is pretty apparent side by side.View attachment 905686
The old Sandvik next to this will also fit the 14mm bars studs but has a shorter slot.View attachment 905687this is a 3003 mount i "modified with a file ,and it works good but its a little bit smaller tail.View attachment 905688
I got this one from Amazon super cheap.
Anyway sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.
These new generation oregon's have lasted me far better than my old one's
They're doing things right
I like the 24" aluminum core jobbies
40.00 shipped when amazon has them on sale
I hope they offer longer versions.

These new generation oregon's have lasted me far better than my old one's
They're doing things right
I like the 24" aluminum core jobbies
40.00 shipped when amazon has them on sale
I hope they offer longer versions.
I like all of Oregon's stuff, the only problem we're having with the new aluminum core ones are rangers and maintenance guys keep busting the tail/ mount when pinched. They're separating the laminate when jerking the saw around in a pinch , and the chain starts digging in the grove.

Back