homdox chines 62cc 20 inch gas chain saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually it is piston displacement discussed in cc. Have more cc really isn't any more specific than what cc for such a diameter because that is square centimeters not cubic ones. Pi * D squared divided by 4 for the area then multiply by the stroke or height to get volume of a cylinder. Use centimeters (10mm) for units. Sorry I don't feel like figuring out how to make the formula look right. Pi= 3.14159..... or do pie are square since it is easy to remember but diameters are easier to measure than radius, r=are

Interesting, I searched chainsaw on that site and found a Husky 365 clone for $145. It looks identical. Can you buy these and have them shipped into the US? I have a co-worker that ordered some jackets from there. Took a month to get them. Clothes might be different than a saw.
Sure just put caber rings or similar in it and as above clean up the castings local husky shop has had a few go pop with out doing this to them first.
Local is selling the $145 usd 365 here for $350+aud

will a gas chain saw have more cc s if you remove the muffler
NO cc's are governed by the bore x stroke unless you fit a cylinder with a larger bore or increase the stroke length whatever else you do may increase the power /revs etc. but will not alter the cubic centimeters of the saw. As an aside it is not usually a good idea to run a mufflerless saw that is designed to run with one, mod yes but remove no.

I bought one of these homdox 62 cc chainsaw and it never came with a bar. I've been trying to find a bar that would fit this thing since the seller hardly can right English and won't send me a bar. I tried buying a bar from a local retailer and the tensioner holes were just a little short. I guess my question is would anyone have any idea if I could buy a bar for this thing.

I bought one of these homdox 62 cc chainsaw and it never came with a bar. I've been trying to find a bar that would fit this thing since the seller hardly can right English and won't send me a bar. I tried buying a bar from a local retailer and the tensioner holes were just a little short. I guess my question is would anyone have any idea if I could buy a bar for this thing.
It should be large Husqvarna mount bar.

you could sell it real cheep to me and ill find a bar

Haha well I ordered a bar for it so if this bar doesn't work then I might just consider it lol. I figured out that it was actually a .063 gauge instead. I guess the 53cc models have the .058 gauge. Just out of curiosity if you replaced the sprocket and got a .058 bar would that work? Not saying I would even want to try this I'm just curious if you started replacing sprockets and bars gauge would it adversely affect the saw.

I'll bet if you hooked up a back pack blower straight to the carb, it would defiantly gain some cc...it may even run a 100" bar.

Haha well I ordered a bar for it so if this bar doesn't work then I might just consider it lol. I figured out that it was actually a .063 gauge instead. I guess the 53cc models have the .058 gauge. Just out of curiosity if you replaced the sprocket and got a .058 bar would that work? Not saying I would even want to try this I'm just curious if you started replacing sprockets and bars gauge would it adversely affect the saw.

What size does it have now? 3/8?

No problem changing size if you prefer .325. Need a bar, chain, and sprocket. The .325 cuts a slightly narrower cut (kerf).

It is basically clone of RedMax G621 with different plastic parts - very similar mechanically to my clone. I have no idea if the port timing is the same, but it likely is. With a gasket delete, muffler mod and a little more intake width and duration it runs very well. Should weigh about 12.5lb.

I would suggest a fairly extensive disassembly, clean up of molding and casting flashing and a careful reassembly before you even run it.

From what I have seen from pictures the new plastic parts are a design improvement, but you can't swap on actual RedMax parts for repairs.

Post some pictures and videos of it - it will drive some people insane and cause them to post all sorts of stupid stuff! :laugh:
Lmao come look at my thread. Your exactly right.

Latest posts

Back