ArboristSite.com Sponsors

home resale question

svk

A little bit of everything
we're going to be selling our house in about 2 years, so I'm going to remodel the bathroom. it's 10 x 12 and I'm going to put in a 4 x 6 walk in shower, but, I'm eliminating the bath tub altogether. I mean, who takes baths any more? I have noticed on HGTV that many homes are getting away from them and just having large showers. a bath tub is some thing out of the 1900's. who wants to sit in a tub of dirty water and wash?

so, the question is....will eliminating the tub hurt or not hurt the sale of the home?

opinions?
My wife loves a tub, she takes a bath every night all winter. But most people prefer showers in this day and age.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
uncle, if you cut just above the bottom ripple you can reuse it as a tub. If life hands you lemons then you make lemonade..

Not babies.

Yeah, but the customer always wants a new tub - something that isn't pastel pink or green.

If life hands me lemons, I make babies. Goodness, you'd think some people didn't like doing that from the way they talk! :laugh:

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

But I bet it would work for boots just as well!

One good thing about the squat toilet - you don't spend half the day playing solitaire on your phone in that position.

Reactions: mga
esshup

esshup

Addicted to ArboristSite
Unc, I use the shower for washing the dog. Get in, slide the door shut. Shower head is on a hose. Less water all over the bathroom that way. Dog gets soaped up, I get soaped and rinsed. Dog gets rinsed, and I get rinsed again. I get out, close the door and tell her to shake. I'll get dried and half dressed (shorts), tell her to shake again, then towel dry her off in the shower.

The bathroom stays a LOT drier using that method.

I've had people tell me that my dogs are better behaved than their kids......... I say thanks and keep my mouth shut. :D

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

Unc, I use the shower for washing the dog. Get in, slide the door shut. Shower head is on a hose. Less water all over the bathroom that way. Dog gets soaped up, I get soaped and rinsed. Dog gets rinsed, and I get rinsed again. I get out, close the door and tell her to shake. I'll get dried and half dressed (shorts), tell her to shake again, then towel dry her off in the shower.

The bathroom stays a LOT drier using that method.

I've had people tell me that my dogs are better behaved than their kids......... I say thanks and keep my mouth shut. :D

That probably works well depending on the size of the dog and the size of the shower, but I don't know many people who would want to shower with their dog. My wife's grandmother had a special dog-bath built in her home right by the back door. That was pretty neat.

And as for kids behavior, you're unfortunately right. It's much easier to train a dog to behave, but certainly not impossible to train a child to behave. I just wish everyone would quit listening to the conventional 'wisdom' of the day and go back to spanking their kids when they need it.

olyman

olyman

Tree Freak
That probably works well depending on the size of the dog and the size of the shower, but I don't know many people who would want to shower with their dog. My wife's grandmother had a special dog-bath built in her home right by the back door. That was pretty neat.

And as for kids behavior, you're unfortunately right. It's much easier to train a dog to behave, but certainly not impossible to train a child to behave. I just wish everyone would quit listening to the conventional 'wisdom' of the day and go back to spanking their kids when they need it.
and hope to spank them in the house,, anyone outside,, may open their fat face to authoritys,,about child endangerment,,, busybodies....