homelite 26 LCS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homelite360

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i am in a tight spot right now . i was out cutting with my old homelite model 26 LCS today after i got it running and i blew the drive belt. does anyone know where i can get a new one. it looks like it would match right up to a timiing belt for a belt drive unit for a small block chevy. any ideas or sources are welcome.

Howdy,

Your machine is so old, that you wouldn't want an original part anyway. The thing would be about ready to die of old age, new. Your idea about the timing belt will be found to be the route to go, I would bet. Take your broken belt in, and let some poor suffering parts man come up with an equivalent.

When you solve it, be sure to record it for future reference.

Regards,
Walt Galer

i already took it into the parts store and watched 3 guys look for 15-20 minutes after their brain poped when i told them what it was for. but the look on their face was priceless when i asked them to match it up to a timing belt.

Forget about a timing belt for a chevy, they are too rare. Look into Hondas and Toyotas, they all used belts through the 80's and early 90's before people got sick of replacing valves and pistons when they gave out

actually i looked it up tonight and you can buy new timing belts for chevy's i just go see what the specs are on them so i can match one up

Let us know if you find a match, I have a good running 26 LCS that needs a belt. My cut-away display model has a belt, but they even cut-away the rubber in one place to show the cords inside the belt.
Scott

Back