homelite 330 first run after new rubber carb boot , nitrlie fuel pipe,pulse line, oil pipes,

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain dangers

partner 1633B (skil) chainsaw
Reaction score
I have just fitted a new homelite 330 carb boot I bought from Randy's Engine Repair Ohio, Thanks Randy ;o),
to an old 330 with working chain brake, in my collection I have had lying around for over a year and was wandering what the carb settings were for this model, I have the L set at around 1 turn is that correct as I don't think it sounds right when its running? if I switch it off I have to have the throttle lock on to restart when warm and I like them to start and just tick over when restarting straight away. is it to lean or rich on the L or am i just been picky ? ;o)

Attachments

• homelite 330 chainsaw 002.JPG
    homelite 330 chainsaw 002.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • homelite 330 chainsaw 003.JPG
    homelite 330 chainsaw 003.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • homelite 330 chainsaw 004.JPG
    homelite 330 chainsaw 004.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
I restored one of these for a friend and had to do the boot and reed replacement too. What a PITA! Never want to work on another one of these. I had to set the needle valve lever higher than the spec called for because it would starve for fuel at full throttle.

Best of luck!

took the Homelite out for a run today and fiddled about and its a lot better, its will now start immediately at tick over when warmed up. I think a good days cutting firewood would help as I've a suspicion the carb may be veneered up a little I did clean it out and fit carb kit but sometimes gum can be stubborn even for an airline. I have no idea how long its not been used, I've had it at least a year and I suspect the chap I bought it off didn't use it for a long time as the carb boot crumbled to bits. I did also check and clean the reed valves, whilst I did the boot, and these which were in very good order.

Back