• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Homelite 750

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derrick cole

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Have a neighbor who is wanting to sell his homelite 750 runs good. I started it after it sat for who knows how long by just adding gas and giving it a few pulls. The saw idles high but seems to be good on the low and high adjustments.

Attachments

• 20190820_194044.jpg
    20190820_194044.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 64
  • 20190820_194036.jpg
    20190820_194036.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 66
  • 20190820_194025.jpg
    20190820_194025.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 67
Check ebay sold listings... plenty of them sell on there. Check also a search on here as. There have been sold listings as well. Scott

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

You or your neighbor one are going to need an eBay account, and settle for less than 700, minus fees, etc to get even close to that out of that saw. If the carb screws are set right and it idles high, it has issues, who know what those are? Possibly something minor, possibly a crank seal, who knows, many things can cause that. That just isn’t anywhere near a $700 saw plus shipping on here. I would be interested in it, but at this point we aren’t even in the same ballpark. If I made you a fair offer (which translates to fair for the owner, fair for me, and fair for the market) it may look like I’m lowballing him, so I won’t even make an offer.

Just a word of caution if you go eBay. Figure 20% in fees for sure. And figure on a return if it isn't as described or the buyer just isn't happy with it no matter what the description is. So that's shipping both ways you will eat which will be well over $100 variable of course. My advise is to take some pics of the piston ring area and skirt through the exhaust port. Pic's of top of engine covers off and a flywheel pic to show no broken fins. A video is the icing on the cake as it would show the idle issue, also that it does run, and put it in a cut would be best to show it can pull through the wood. Can't help you on the video as I still can't get one posted either. Your new to the site as everyone once was. After you put get all that done relist it here. You will be $$ ahead. Good luck on the learning curve and the sale of the saw!!

Some nice advice from the guys here.

I look at things a tad different. I think if you had a freshly rebuilt 750 ...
New bearings and seals... carb gone through ...new rubber and air filter. ..etc then probably a $700 price tag wouldn't be out of the question. Because of age..imho ...it could use a rebuild. If the saw hasn't been rebuilt by a professional ... then the price is either going down significantly OR the guy that buys it is getting a bit of a raw deal.

I sold my dad's 750 on ebay a few years back. It had had multiple rebuilds by a local shop and hadn't run in 15 years. Though it started right up and had excellent compression. I think it brought 650 bux and that was before ebay fees. Dad also had quite a few parts with it and it included a 36" bar and chain. It was used sparingly in the back yard ...not production work.

This info is a starting point of for you. Best of luck.

Im guessing it would sell for around $375-$425 in these parts. Id list it for $500 and see what happens. Fix the idle clean it up like new. I even use turtle wax on them sometimes and maybe start it out at $550.

Back