homelite 770g magneto rewind

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2x4 splinter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a fried magneto coil that I have stripped down to the primary winding (it checks good) I need to rewind the secondary, but when I pried the old off there was something like varnish on it do I need to varnish as I go? How critical is it to stack the new winding? I'm planning to use some capacitor paper as insulation, is this O.K.? I'm planning to do the rewind by hand, just need to chat with someone who has done this before.

the wiring you buy to redo this--should have varnish on the wires. and when you get it rewound, you put more varnish over that. gut in cr,ia rewinds them--was there paper between the original windings?? you need to stack it accurately to get the voltage--

770g magneto rewind

Thanks. Looks like there was paper between the primary and secondary, then just stacked wire with paper around the outside. Im going to give it a try just for grins. When it runs it's a bone rattler. I use it with a four foot bar and a 1.25 pitch ( thats right 1.25) skip tooth chain on my home made alaskan sawmill. Does a really nice job when running.

Latest posts

Back