Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
picture.php

picture.php

Has the original hard case, manual and B&C.

picture.php

picture.php

Has the original hard case, manual and B&C.

So maybe you can answer my question about the trigger lock. Does the trigger stay engaged or just the decompression valve when you use it? Mine doesn't hold the trigger up like other saws I have and I am wondering if it's broke...

Which one? The homelite which is a 1960 model and a lower RPM high torque saw. Or the 660 which is a modern (started as the 066 in the late 80's I think) high rpm saw and according to some, the standard of the industry. Both are heavy duty felling/logging saws for their respective era.

The 1960's Homelite please :)

The 1960's Homelite please :)

Will do. I already have the carb rebuild kit for it and a new rim drive and 8 pin .404 sprocket for it. The only thing is that roller or sprocket tip bars for this mount are hard to find so I use stihl large mount sprockets with adapters that I have made.

So maybe you can answer my question about the trigger lock. Does the trigger stay engaged or just the decompression valve when you use it? Mine doesn't hold the trigger up like other saws I have and I am wondering if it's broke...

I haven't started one in a few years but I believe just the decomp.

Bill

Homelite Super XL 925

Homelite Super XL 925 I haven't started on this saw yet, I was wanting to see if anyone has the air filter cover for it.

3756766058_bf5e9c7a84.jpg

Homelite built some great chainsaws, some of the upright cylinder models were the best they ever made, I consider some to be works of art. I could be wrong, I think the 600D is the same as a 7-19, with a more modern recoil starter. My 600 will out cut my Mac 1-43, by a noticable margin. Old and upright doesn't always mean it's low powered.
600DOutside.jpg

600DInside.jpg

Homelite Super XL 925 I haven't started on this saw yet, I was wanting to see if anyone has the air filter cover for it.

3756766058_bf5e9c7a84.jpg

the ipl shows a part # A69414-2

the air filter cover i have is a 59230-1 which fits the C-72 series and the 1130G

now theres always the chance on getting a used one

Last edited:
the ipl shows a part # A69414-2

the air filter cover i have is a 59230-1 which fits the C-72 series

now theres always the chance on getting a used one

Thanks for looking, I have been looking no luck yet. I have got the time, it gives me a reason to hit all the little small engine shops.:hmm3grin2orange:

anyone of you in need of homelite parts that is on my site in the homelite catalog ?

i am reducing the prices down to 50% markdown

this is for limited one month only effective today
it would be nice to sell everything

Is there already a Homelite thread? My dad has a little red and white one that maybe was straight gassed when borrowed...I don't think it's completely froze up but I haven't inspected.

Any fans? Can we get another brand specific thread moving???

we had 3 old Homelites in the cellar here, one was like new and shiny, the other 2 were apart in process of being crossbreeded into one good one. They all had point ignition and were from 1970-80's era, the red/white shells. Dad used them to cut firewood for nearly 20 years, until he bought a Stihl 025 in the early 1990's. Then the Homelites just sat around and collected dust. Finally I got tired of looking at them, and put them all on Ebay, and got $75 for the lot. I was kinda sad to see them go, they became a fixture in the cellar that we'd always look at and tinker with- but as I remember the best of the bunch would suddenly stall out and be hard starting for no apparent reason, even after being serviced at the power equipment shop. They also were harder to get started than the Stihl with electronic ignition. Now I kinda miss them because it would have been a nice winter project to get 2 of them going again, they appeared to be well built saws. Well someone got a smokin' deal ! They were EZ-Super EZ-Super EZ 2 saws.

Homelite EZ

My wonderful wife found me another great garage sale find. Two saws, $2.

:)Here is one of them:)

attachment.php

It looks identical to my dad's old "super EZ" except it's blue instead of red. It fires but won't run. A carb kit will probably solve it's issues. My dad's is in worse shape...Is that really the difference? Super = red :confused: seems silly.

Latest posts

Back