Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No sir I do not have that one do however have a super wiz 66 and its either a zip or wiz also the super 66 is tore down getting everything new it as close to as possible kinda my gift to my dad

No sir I do not have that one do however have a super wiz 66 and its either a zip or wiz also the super 66 is tore down getting everything new it as close to as possible kinda my gift to my dad
the red one runs. The other, not so much.. I can wheel and deal.. I need a starter assembly for C-72. Use anything off these saws?IMG_20180108_161416.jpg IMG_20180108_161442.jpg IMG_20180108_161456.jpg

Bud you might just be in luck I actually have one around here some where ,which one do you need? the reason I ask is because between myself and dad we have several and the only ones I know have the right starters on them are the ones I changed myself so do you need the bell type that catches the inside if the bell or the one with the needle bearings grip the cylinder

B3AAF050-7C53-4551-925A-9C6AD495ACD6.jpeg A6AF667C-95A6-48F6-9FCF-D8803D15D15A.jpeg 2A19C71E-3215-47DD-AF41-F10A0ED91BA0.jpeg Hey gents. couple easy questions I’m sure for you homelite experts. Buddy gave me this saw last night and said it runs, but needed tlc. He wasn’t kidding. Carb full of garbage, no fuel filter, clutch seems stuck engaged. And the muffler fell apart while removing it. Looks like the flange was rtv’d to the body. So first Q, what the hell so this thing? XL-12? XL-auto?
Specs on it? And is this the correct muffler ? Think I’ll try welding the flange back to the body of the muffler. Unless I find a replacement for cheap.
Thx,
Kevin

View attachment 629068 View attachment 629069 View attachment 629070 Hey gents. couple easy questions I’m sure for you homelite experts. Buddy gave me this saw last night and said it runs, but needed tlc. He wasn’t kidding. Carb full of garbage, no fuel filter, clutch seems stuck engaged. And the muffler fell apart while removing it. Looks like the flange was rtv’d to the body. So first Q, what the hell so this thing? XL-12? XL-auto?
Specs on it? And is this the correct muffler ? Think I’ll try welding the flange back to the body of the muffler. Unless I find a replacement for cheap.
Thx,
Kevin
Looks to be an XL Automatic. Here is the same saw: http://houseofhomelite.proboards.com/thread/5128/homelite-xl-automatic-original

I seen that one. All the red green saws Ive seen on the net have a chrome muffler with 2 bolts on the front side, mine has 3. Mine also has a Manuel pump, which might have been a dealer option ?

I seen that one. All the red green saws Ive seen on the net have a chrome muffler with 2 bolts on the front side, mine has 3. Mine also has a Manuel pump, which might have been a dealer option ?
From the color scheme xl 400 but id have to go look at mine

Thats what an xl 400 posed to look like
d35c746c430f9996d821e1107be20d1e.jpg

That's an XL Automatic, made in 1965 or so. The ID tag is on the side of the carb box but the starter and clutch cover have the decals that say so too. The manual pump was indeed available as an option for some saws but it was standard on that one along with the automatic oiler.

Specs:
https://www.leonschainsawpartsandre...12_chainsaw_product_specification_sheet_2.pdf

IPL:
https://www.leonschainsawpartsandre.../9/39792537/homelite_xl_automatic_23840-t.pdf
Awesome! Thx. I’ve seen lotsa blue and red xl’s This one had me a bit confused tho. Thx

OK, I lied. Its a Terry saw, which was Homelite's Canadian division, built on March 31, 1974. I thought it was an original Homelite saw, sorry. Still very collectible, make it run and love it.

All my XL's I use the square, straight, 2 bolt muffler, and gut it, then I get out the grinder, and open that baby up.. Turn High speed needle valve a little richer so it's just on the edge and let the big dog eat. Needless to say, if you need a part or two, I have several that have seen better days thanks to me.. Have fun with it.. Cheers. K

Bud you might just be in luck I actually have one around here some where ,which one do you need? the reason I ask is because between myself and dad we have several and the only ones I know have the right starters on them are the ones I changed myself so do you need the bell type that catches the inside if the bell or the one with the needle bearings grip the cylinder
. I'll have to look.. Will do a pic.. I have a ton of Homey stuff.. What else may I take a pic of.. ?Howaboughta MAC stuff.. ? I'll get back to ya in a bit.. Many thanks.. K

All my XL's I use the square, straight, 2 bolt muffler, and gut it, then I get out the grinder, and open that baby up.. Turn High speed needle valve a little richer so it's just on the edge and let the big dog eat. Needless to say, if you need a part or two, I have several that have seen better days thanks to me.. Have fun with it.. Cheers. K
Haha. Well I’ll go threw the rest of this thing and see what else is needed. So far I think I need a muffler, outer bar plate, clutch drum bearing and a bucking spike if I wanna get crazy.

Haha. Well I’ll go threw the rest of this thing and see what else is needed. So far I think I need a muffler, outer bar plate, clutch drum bearing and a bucking spike if I wanna get crazy.
I've got the spikes.. Felling dogs to be exact.. Go crazyIMG_20180129_224411.jpg

. I'll have to look.. Will do a pic.. I have a ton of Homey stuff.. What else may I take a pic of.. ?Howaboughta MAC stuff.. ? I'll get back to ya in a bit.. Many thanks.. K
Here's a pic or two.. It looks like it has the two dogs that catch, and then cyntrifal force keeps em outa wayIMG_20180129_224036.jpg IMG_20180129_224325.jpg

Back