Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran across a 36" belt-drive bar so I put a loop of NOS chipper chain with it and put it on the 5-30N and tried it out. I was concerned about breaking the belt because it was original but toward the end I leaned on it pretty hard and it made bigger noodles.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

This XL-1 sold locally for $500 (ish).
2cfb3196c500b3f5ae3d4be4f3942650.jpg

8e59a33a20d57d56a79eefdaab097513.jpg

It was quite a while ago.

Buyer tried to flip it for $750.

At any rate, put it up on evilbay and start at $0.99. You will soon find out it’s ‘worth’.

Picking away at an early Super XL-130. I had to take it to the car wash and hit it with the pressure washer just to get it half clean. It had clearly been running hot. The plastic jacket on the back of the coil had melted to the cylinder. No doubt, given the PTO side was not sealed from the FW side properly from the factory. The hose that was supposed to stuff the gap was never put in properly. Note (pic. 4) the strand of stuck paint "holding" the hose in place and the clear shot for gunk to find its way across to the other side. Pulled cylinder, piston and rings to clean them up. Rings are good. I've run much worse.

Homelite SXL-130 Points (1).JPG Homelite SXL-130 Points (2).JPG Homelite SXL-130 Points (3).JPG Homelite SXL-130 Points (8).JPG Homelite SXL-130 Points (6).JPG Homelite SXL-130 Points (9).JPG

I ran across a 36" belt-drive bar so I put a loop of NOS chipper chain with it and put it on the 5-30N and tried it out. I was concerned about breaking the belt because it was original but toward the end I leaned on it pretty hard and it made bigger noodles.

I just picked up a 5-30 in pretty good shape.. It's in better condition than myself, and we're about the same age.. Any ol who, gave a C note for it.. Is that about right on a gamble?

I just picked up a 5-30 in pretty good shape.. It's in better condition than myself, and we're about the same age.. Any ol who, gave a C note for it.. Is that about right on a gamble?
I would say that you probably did OK, especially if it has the recoil cover still on it.

00ac120f8bb6dda4a454b4b6d1ff807c.jpg

I may be mistaken but, an XL-12 piston can be used in a XL-101 and the SXL piston used in the larger bore types.

Check the part numbers in the respective IPLs.

Little Red Barn seller on eBay has them. [emoji106]
Correct. One of my non running SXL’s donated its piston to a real nice XL-103 last year.

Think this is a super wiz 80 . Only says super wiz . Not another number to be had . Gas tank has the white death set in . Anyone have parts or know of another saw that might share its parts ? Saw has great compression , spark and a 60" bar .
IMG_2138.JPG
IMG_2137.JPG

Back