Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. What CC is that? Wrap handle is a nice touch

58cc. An earlier version in the series. The 130's came with the full wrap and the 76's half. Essentially the same saw, except for some small details. Most enjoyable to run against anyone with a shiny new ms 271.

You sure have been busy, lately. Good lookin' saw.

Thanks Poge. I've been fortunate to have some time of late. I find myself frequenting the shop after the crew goes to bed. I'll have a few new (to me) ones to run this spring when I hit the hills.

Brought home a sweet smelling Doug yesterday. Greasy with pitch, as it had fought it's last battle this past fall. Had to attack the fronts of both cases with Varsol and a toothbrush just to get the goo off of them. Nice fatwood at the bottom. Couple of tanks of fuel through each. Had to trudge the double/triple rounds about 25 meters to the roadside to finish them off. Felt it a bit today.

Homelite Duo - March 30 2018 (4).JPG Homelite Duo - March 30 2018 (13).JPG

A bit of (too) close footage. Wanted to see how it would cut with the battered semi-chisel I found it with. A least the sound is good up close. The tree had quite a bit of compression on the top from the unsupported span. A bit overzealous with my depth. Was pinching a bit. Too busy enjoying the chips piling up at my feet, I guess.

Grandma Super 2. In box with all paperwork
ab0d317e4929e2bd921c1a6772bab6f1.jpg
1d9ea71c878a9536f9d6032300168e7c.jpg

Erik

I tore down both super wiz saws and poured over the IPL's. Turns out what I have is a super wiz 55 and a end of the production run 66. They both share the same bore but different stroke. The 55 dosen't have a air vane governor like the 66. The compression is better on the 66 so I'll start with it .
IMG_2163.JPG

I dont know how we did this restore thing before the internet. Punch in the part number and the web answers! Nos Super Wiz 66 tank and original cast bronze spikes . Best part was the price , he was happy to be rid of them .
View attachment 643904
I can't imagine how we ever did business.. On the phone early, get the crew going and work till dinner, (lunch), on the phone fielding grounders for 30-40 minutes, get the fellers moving again till quitting time, then on the phone till my ears were ringing. Ahh,,, the good ol days

Back