Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're probly right,i just know a friend of mine learned the hard way the 655 was normal threads bc he stripped the nut on the threads by goin the wrong way first

Better the nut than the crank. I have a pdf manual for those saws if he wants it. The 10 series MACS have a tapered shaft on the clutch side like the FW side on most saws. They do use a LH nut.

Wow what a monster. Theres two oak trees in my neighbor's front yard, i dont think three men hand in hand could get around them. In fact rumor has it a guy came and best guessed dated them to be living when Columbus landed. Idk though

Hello from Cali
aaaa9b21a30dc60d0fa9bf0b8eb115f7.jpg

The General Sherman Tree is the world's largest tree, measured by volume. It stands 275 feet (83 m) tall, and is over 36 feet (11 m) in diameter at the base. Sequoia trunks remain wide high up. Sixty feet above the base, the Sherman Tree is 17.5 feet (5.3 m) in diameter.

Erik

Hello from Cali
aaaa9b21a30dc60d0fa9bf0b8eb115f7.jpg

The General Sherman Tree is the world's largest tree, measured by volume. It stands 275 feet (83 m) tall, and is over 36 feet (11 m) in diameter at the base. Sequoia trunks remain wide high up. Sixty feet above the base, the Sherman Tree is 17.5 feet (5.3 m) in diameter.

Erik

74f1e723e9b92366c2dd4c5779e78df4.jpg

Redwood national Park, Norcal

Erik

Love those giant trees ! Messing with carb kits I noticed a very important issue. Kit might technically fit but they do differ in gasket /rivit thickness. Ive been chasing flooding problems on a Walbro HDC and I spot this.
IMG_2428.JPG

I'd say you most likely found your problem.
I would say , ran good for 10 minutes cutting and screwdrivering. Was a multi problem /problem . Original carb main needle seat leaked . Super EZ replacement and a bad kit caused similar results . A close look and a poulan 3400 HDB oem kit and shes a runner . Pipe time. Just a mutt.

IMG_2429.JPG

Hello 2 stroke
Just ran across your post re stihl 015 HDC carb kit and the problem you had.I have the exact same prob with an OEM kit.Did you order from Ebay and if so do you by chance remember the sellers name?I'm hesitant to reorder as i may receive a duplicate of previous kit.Any help would be appreciated.

You could certainly grind down the button to see whether or not the thickness difference in diaphragm material is all that critical. I've heard of guys grinding down the end nub on the forked metering diaphragms, but more as a preference to keep the lever from binding than as a necessity.

Hello 2 stroke
Just ran across your post re stihl 015 HDC carb kit and the problem you had.I have the exact same prob with an OEM kit.Did you order from Ebay and if so do you by chance remember the sellers name?I'm hesitant to reorder as i may receive a duplicate of previous kit.Any help would be appreciated.

OEM kit . Start with a straight edge on the fuel lever .Should be at deck height . Then the needle and seat fuel in. Assembled should hold breath on fuel in . Screws at 1 turn to start . I went around the block but this is the meat.

Back