Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought this one today, good compression and in great shape. Wiz. Should be running in no time.

20180519_172223.jpg

20180519_172239.jpg

Starter cover doesn't look original to the saw, looks as if it were mounted on a saw that ran in the opposite direction originally.
Chain is 1/2" and has lots of life left. I picked up some Nicholson 1/4" files from an old saw shop in Hope, BC last year, so I can sharpen it.

Looks to be a fairbanks starter instead of a homelite ball type. normal
since it is a Gear reduction saw it has a reverse rotation engine. These pull the starter rope off the top of the pulley as shown. CW rotation from flywheel end
A direct drive engine saw pulls the rope off the bottom of the pulley engine runs CCW from flywheel end.

Looks to be a fairbanks starter instead of a homelite ball type. normal
since it is a Gear reduction saw it has a reverse rotation engine. These pull the starter rope off the top of the pulley as shown. CW rotation from flywheel end
A direct drive engine saw pulls the rope off the bottom of the pulley engine runs CCW from flywheel end.
I bought an old Homey 26, and the starter cord is a wire rope.. This original or normal?

I recently acquired an older Homelite XL with a 10" bar on it. (UT104444) I'm having problems finding a bar and chain where it's stated it will work on this saw. I picked this saw up with a Homelite 330 and the wife claimed this one as hers because it's "cute". LOL She does crafts and wants it for cutting smaller limbs for her crafts. Anyways, all suggestions and info would be greatly appreciated.

The belt drive homelites like 26lsc and my 5-30 are not conventional gear drive reverse rotation and those early ones do have wire as the pull cord.
I only have a dozen homelites across the whole 1953-1990 period so I am only familiar with what I own...
My 5-30N with the belt cover off to show belt drive setup.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Got this little cutie in a recent mini-haul. Spent its life in a case and is well preserved after being well taken care of, too. Pops right off with a prime but the pump diaphragm is like cardboard and doesn't pull fuel. Metering diaphragm was in surprisingly good shape. Kit on the way.

0522181635_resized.jpg

0522181626_resized.jpg

0522181628a_resized.jpg

0522181628_resized.jpg

0522181627_resized.jpg

0522181629_resized.jpg

0522181627a_resized.jpg

It really is. Got it in the same little haul as the 2-10 -- which also included a Wright GS-4520 in decent shape and a Pioneer 600...., the latter being a little rough, but complete. Coupla pics over in the Pioneer thread.
Nice score Poge . I love these saws , looks case fresh. I have a spike to template if your interested .
IMG_2258.JPG

Back